Christmas and New Year

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
I haven't taken a photo in a month or two, but forced myself to try my hand over the festive period when daughter, Rhona, appeared for the duration.

1. The annual jigsaw 1, with floating plate!
S&R Jigsaw 2.jpg

2. 1. The annual jigsaw 2
S&R Jigsaw 3.jpg

3. 1. The annual jigsaw 3
S&R Jigsaw.jpg

4. The annual (and very often daily) walk
S&R on path to Brig.jpg

5. "Go away!"
R on break from reading and knitting 1asq.jpg

6. The birks 1
Birks 2.jpg

7. The birks 2
Birks 1.jpg

8. 12-course lute 1
12c 2.jpg

9. 12-course lute 2
12c 1.jpg

You already know what I think of 8 and 9. The flying saucer in 1 is wonderful, and so in general is the pleasant domesticity of 1, 2 and 3. I also like the anachronistic look of 1, 2 and 3. (i.e., nae telly!)

Unfortunately we do have a telly...but do target specific progs, watch them, then switch off. Maybe an hour per day. I'd happily get by without it. The girls have spent much of their holiday reading, knitting, and – despite the atrocious weather – walking. They do like jigsaws – this was their second in a week – but I get frustrated with them, so am usually in my room playing a lute. This time, though, it was nice to get the Q2M out for a spin.

Thanks, lads.

Eight pegs for four extra “courses” - a course is made up of a pair of strings, one a low note, the other an octave higher. The reason for octave pairs is that gut strings get less distinct the thicker they get, and these low bass notes are very thick. The paired higher octave brings definition when the pair are struck together. Zoom lessons available :)

Back