Christmas day photo challenge!

Not my speakers, the in laws.... B & O they are! Is..... Erm,,, is that what your talking about Hamish??

Actually, I've just seen the picture I'd like to enter on my camera thats positively and finally the one I'd like to put on this thread despite me saying I wasn't fussed about the others.... So I will change it and not change my mind again...promise! :) :):)
Just have to wait till tomorrow....... Lol

And in a quiet moment when no-one was looking, two little guys discovered the tin train full of Dolly Mixtures!

DollyMixtures-1-1.jpg

The magic of Xmas indeed!! :)

Bet they've been playing old Slade Christmas records on your Naim system whilst you've been out Pete - Ted and Dog are known for their crazy 'owner's away' parties :D

Lovely shot - and great timing capturing them in action

Hidden camera and infrared trigger Chris. Been watching a few David Attenborough documentaries!! Had suspicions they'd up to something once we gone out

No Naim stuff in the system: Lector (CD and DAC), Onix (pre-amp), Meridian (power amps) and Rega Ela speakers plus Townshend Super-tweeters.

Naim, who said naim?

I looked into getting some supertweeters before i got my adams ...
not much point now they are active with built in sorta-ribbons that go up to 30(odd) khz ...
how do you find them? do they do what people say to the bass ens as well as the high end ...
I think we need a hifi photo thread dont we ;)

OK here's my entry from Christmas Day.

It's another dance moment, featuring my elder daughter and her grandma.

I've applied Hamish's B&W soft vignette preset to this one and tweaked one or two parameters on the vignette.

p1042363353-4.jpg

hehe, thats a funny photo...
I just got hannah a wii for xmas... did i already say that?
I wish id have someone here to photograph me and hannah playing some rowing game the other day ... it would have been very amusing!

What an excellent shot Tim. Beautifully timed. I wonder what people will make of these in 50 years time!!

Th supertweeters do indeed do just what I' read. Mostly bass and mid but with some extension in the high end too. Very interesting. A friend borrowed them for a month while I was in Germany and only lasted d few weeks without having to go out and buy his own.

Hidden camera and infrared trigger Chris. Been watching a few David Attenborough documentaries!! Had suspicions they'd up to something once we gone out

No Naim stuff in the system: Lector (CD and DAC), Onix (pre-amp), Meridian (power amps) and Rega Ela speakers plus Townshend Super-tweeters.

Sorry Pete, couldn't tell with all that bokeh!

Didn't mean to drop the N word without provocation :D

Nice job on the wildlife work, will be looking forward to Dog & Ted's big adventure on the BBC.

A couple of images from Christmas Day. Took these as part of a test roll with my Cheap As Chips Camera, which is a Konica Autoreflex TC with a 50mm Hexanon f1.7 lens. The film was "Memories" brand 200 ASA, which is actually re-branded Fuji film. I find that the Hexanon 50 produces quite soft images--either that or I am unable to focus. Both shots were taken hand-held. Mr. Jelly Belly was at a 15th, so I was quite happy with the image.

Mr. Jelly Belly Swings Into Christmas
1stTestMemories200--012.jpg

Sadie and her new toy (We completely misjudged her this year; learned later she had been hoping for a subscription to Lapham's Quarterly.)
1stTestMemories200--023.jpg

Classic Brodie - you can just taste the enjoyment :D

Brian - that Mr Jelly shot cracks me up - love it!

Don't upwardly mobile pets have Kindles these days?

Last edited:
Brian - that Mr Jelly shot cracks me up - love it!

Don't upward mobile pets have Kindles these days?

Mr. Jelly Belly looks quite 'appy don't 'e? Thanks Chris.

As to the Kindles, etc., Sadie has in her a touch of the Luddite (a little like her old man that way, I'm afraid); prefers ink on paper to 1s and 0s. ;)

Back