Cinestill colour

The muted colors are delightful Rob. The pale blue innards of the boat pops out very nicely I think.

I don't recall if I've ever used Cinestill color film. I shot some 35mm B&W last year but I haven't processed it yet, and I know I have some more of their B&W in 120 in the fridge downstairs. I'll have a look to see if I have any of their color film languishing down there.

It's an expensive film these days, and expensive when it first came out, so I only bought a couple of rolls. I think Hamish imported them at the time. They'll be less expensive in the States, I imagine. Nice results, though. I'd use it more, were it cheaper.

I ordered some 120 color film yesterday and my criteria was cost. I ended up getting 5 rolls of Kodak Gold 200 @ $7.00/roll because other films of interest were going for $15 to $22. I'm hopeful there's nothing wrong with the light seals or shutter speeds on the Mamiya that I haven't yet shot with.

I ordered some 120 color film yesterday and my criteria was cost. I ended up getting 5 rolls of Kodak Gold 200 @ $7.00/roll because other films of interest were going for $15 to $22. I'm hopeful there's nothing wrong with the light seals or shutter speeds on the Mamiya that I haven't yet shot with.
Where are you getting your film from, gary?

I love the colours and tones in that shot, as well the scene.

I've never shot colour film... the fact that there's no labs within 150km (I think one within 500km and I'm not sure how good they are...) has put me off a bit. Costs you know, on top of the film itself.
BW I can develop myself and Ilford film is easily available online and not too expensive. I'm halfway through a 10 pack of HP5+. :)

I think I'd rather explore other film options but despite having a roll of 120 HP5+, I've been shooting a bunch of b&w lately and thought I'd get out of the b&w mentality mode with the Mamiya. I probably should have shot the HP5 until I know for a fact the 645 is going to be OK.
@Rob MacKillop I do have to say the colors are lovely in your shot above.

Back