Cleethorpes Seafront in Winter

Shaun Haselden

OK so here is a selection of images from very close to where I live. This is the seafront at Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire taken during the most miserable weather on two different camera systems. One I think is better suited than the other as it is a lot more grungy in its rendition of things, the other is just too clean. These images are also of differing formats with my favourites being 16:9 which is now my preferred. Regarding the seaside, now is my favourite time of the year due to the more atmospheric images and the lack of tourists. Loving it.

Attachments

• Cleethorpes Seafront No1.jpg
    Cleethorpes Seafront No1.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Cleethorpes Seafront No2.jpg
    Cleethorpes Seafront No2.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Cleethorpes Seafront No3.jpg
    Cleethorpes Seafront No3.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Cleethorpes Seafront No4.jpg
    Cleethorpes Seafront No4.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 11
That is a fine set of pictures. Looks cold, desolate and bleak.
I doubt the tourist board would want them in their brochures. :D

LOL yes having seen the local brochures they appear to be full of summer time colour and smiles. I'll let the photographers who took them be proud of them. Not my kind of thing.

i prefer dark and desolate images too. great series.

Beth, yes, there is something dark and intrusive about an overall grey day that just doesn't carry across on a sunny day. I love this kind of photographic image especially when it is slightly tinted to a warm tone.

A few more digital images from Wednesday 7th February 2018. The heart of winter in this seaside town. Shot using my Nikon D600/MB-D14 battery pack and Nikon 180mm f2.8 AFD lens. Within the nest two months I will have moved further away from this place to a far more rural location but fortunately only a couple of miles from the more remote beaches.

Attachments

• Cleethorpes today Wednesday 7th February No2.jpg
    Cleethorpes today Wednesday 7th February No2.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Cleethorpes today Wednesday 7th February No3.jpg
    Cleethorpes today Wednesday 7th February No3.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Cleethorpes today Wednesday 7th February No4.jpg
    Cleethorpes today Wednesday 7th February No4.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 5
Oh Pete, don't get me started on wind turbines. This whole area is an SSSI so I guess nothing is sacred. A mile or so down the coast is a place known as Horseshoe Point that is also an SSSI but it hasn't stopped 'them' from digging a huge trench across the whole beach to put down a cable from a wind farm.

Back