Conflict At The Bin

Brian Moore

A chap salvages what he can while others enjoy a sunny afternoon. Huntington Beach, California.

Olympus XA and Arista Premium 400 film. Processed "semi-stand" style in Rodinal.

XAAristaPrem-020_zpsbfcbc78c.jpg

Loving the timing with the two crossing cyclists Brian - love the halo you get around teh subject with this method of dev - amkes it looks hotter and brighter

Thanks, Chris. This was one of the first rolls I developed using SS reels. Not comfortable that I am sufficiently skilled at rolling the film on SS yet. Well,...lets be honest--I'm not good at it yet. Anyway, I went with SS because with the plastic tank I was getting sometimes an area of one roll of film (I process 2 at a time) that had a dark band. I think it may be because the plastic reel was hanging up on the center tube. In any case, because I was using SS (and thus no center tube in the tank) I opted for the stand development technique, which I haven't done in a while. That halo effect is more prominent with the stand. I like it, too.

Thanks again, Chris!

intriguing image Brian, it leaves a few questions like what's he doing? Could be homeless and rummaging or something else. I think it's the bottle that add this to the image. Are those bins or Dodkin Surveillance Daleks in disguise?

intriguing image Brian, it leaves a few questions like what's he doing? Could be homeless and rummaging or something else. I think it's the bottle that add this to the image. Are those bins or Dodkin Surveillance Daleks in disguise?
Thank you, Paul. I see what you mean about the image leaving a few questions. He was indeed rummaging, but if I don't tell you that its not really obvious. What's also not obvious is whether that bin is a Dodkin Surveillance Dalek. Mr. Dodkin is a cunning fellow, so I suppose his DSD's will be very well disguised. ;)

That's on a need to know basis Brian ;)

Back