Crammond - The Painter

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Crammond beach and harbour is close to Edinburgh, only 20 minutes ride on my bike, and a great place for photography. Today I saw a painter, and he agreed to have his photo taken. He then took one of me. It was a beautiful morning!

X100 and Graduated Density in Nik Colour, or not...

Painter1 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

Painter2 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

biker2bw by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

Looks like you're shooting Velvia again, Rob. I like the saturation on the colors. I also like the contrast in the BW shot. I like you're new bike, too. Looks like you're fairly tall, based on the size of the frame, which I'm guessing might be about 58 or 59cm?

I'm 6'3" and that is a 59cms frame. Same height as Bradley Wiggins, but there the resemblance ends! Yes, good old Velvia really brought out the colour.

I'm on holiday this week, but having spent all my dosh on a new computer and a camera for Rhona, I'm having to make do with bike rides with sandwiches and ginger beer. Not uninteresting, though! And thankfully it has stopped raining - Doh! I shouldn't have said that...

Whoa! You're a big lad, Rob. And although I'm guessing you're not just being humble when you suggest you don't ride like Bradley Wiggins,...I'd like to see him try to keep up with you riding around a fretboard! :)

Thanks, Pete. That was the fourth shot the painter took - the other three took off half my head. Needed quite a bit of pp to get to a not bad image. He said he will stick to painting, and his painting in oils was not bad at all, much better than I could do. Nice to shoot the breeze with a stranger.

Brian, Wiggo has a nice collection of 1960s Mod guitars, for which I'd happily give him a guitar lesson. My cycling is not great, as I'm just getting back into it. Nae stamina. But I'm enjoying it a my own pace.

Back