Critique Welcomed Dapper

Peter Roberts

Throughout the year the London Bus Museum (not to be confused with the London Transport Museum) organises vintage bus runing days when buses from museums and private owners run over an actual route. We always take these in as they enable us to explore parts of the the capital that are new to us. A few weeks ago we took route 38 (Victoria to Clapton Pond). While I didn't do much in the way of photography apart from a bit of digital snapping I did, hemmed in and jostled as I was at Victoria, manage to capture this gent who was suitably got up for the occasion.

IMG_0010 (3).jpg
Minolta XD7 / Rokkor 135mm f2.8 / FP4+ / Fomadon

Another flawed portrait perhaps as, apart from a shoulder intruding bottom left, there's no real sense that I've managed to pick him out from a crowd.....

He could have been lifted straight out of an Agatha Christie novel...
OK, I'll rise to the bait.
Although I don't think 'Murder on the 38' has quite the right ring. It hardly suggests an exotic location for the scene of a dastardly crime. More like a wait in the rain because one's been cancelled only to find that you can't get on the next because it's already full.

Although I don't think 'Murder on the 38' has quite the right ring.
Oh, I dunno...
More like a wait in the rain because one's been cancelled
Yes, because one of the bus companies managers was murdered the night before, with the result that a dispute involving that particular bus driver was never resolved.
you can't get on the next because it's already full.
Because the deceased manager had invited loads of people to his wedding anniversary, as cover for....
;) 😆

Very nice shot by the way!

Oh, I dunno...

Yes, because one of the bus companies managers was murdered the night before, with the result that a dispute involving that particular bus driver was never resolved.

Because the deceased manager had invited loads of people to his wedding anniversary, as cover for....
;) 😆

Very nice shot by the way!
Try as I might I can't think of a suitable follow up to this masterpiece of cunning plot weaving.
From this I deduce that your little grey cells are more exercised than mine 😆

Back