Edit my RAW file?! (mediafire.com)

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I was just having a think about how we could edit each others raw files ...
i know this isnt something that you would all be willing to do, but there are occasions when i have though it would be nice to get other peoples versions of my images

so, Greg has come up with the idea of using this

http://www.mediafire.com/

you just click the "UPLOAD TO MEDIA FIRE (without an account)" button
select the file
it then uploads
when its done, click "copy link" then paste it into here
each uploaded image lasts 30 days with a free account

as an example, do you remember this photo of mine that i agonised over

_DSC3551-4.jpg

well here is a link to download the raw file ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ncplalxpdiaegvo

... why not have a crack at editing it your self ... and maybe letting me get my grubby paws on one of your raw files to let me have a go at editing it too ...

what d'ya think?

wow brilliant idea, we could keep this topic / Idea in just this thread to keep things tidy........!!

So post a link to your RAW file + you personal edited version As shown Above.

GAME ON............!!

Yeah, certainly for now ... If you have a raw file you want other people ideas on post a link here ...
Either that, or post it under the photo in a normal thread ...
It's quite nice that it has a 30day time limit too!

Obviously I you are concerned about copywrite then this is not the best idea ...
Just be aware of what you are posting ... And copywrite laws ... :)

I think this is a neat idea, I'm just in the process of tidying up my files so I#m bound to find some rubbish we could play with.

It must be that time of year. I have just switched my system to Expression Media (now that PhaseOne have taken over) from Portfolio. Over the last couple of days I have indexed over 20,000 images and there are certainly a few in there that would be prime candidates. Great idea Hamish.

Hamish Image
DarrenEdit.jpg

bit boring but best i could come up with, square crop i seem to like i dont like that light to top right on raw file or wooden seating maybe stuck into the pianist back so tried to remove it (badly)

To be fair the original photo is aweful ...
This is why I ended up with such an extremely pp'd image - it hides shoddy photography :)

im saying im a shoddy photographer ... ... :)
in reality, i accept that not every photo i take is composed and exposed perfectly ... but id rather get the moment and correct for my mistakes than not get the moment at all ...
i think thats what separates mere mortals from true photographic greats ...

Tywyn Sunset From Other Day
5344668896_d8234b58df_b.jpg

Canon Raw File Can Be Found
http://www.mediafire.com/?494ert8d5ca3jli (approx 19mb)

How Would You Edit This Image......??
Darren

here you go Darren,
it been a while since i put my hand to landscape photography ...
i have warmed it right up, then blue gradient to the sky, brought out the detail in the rocks in the foreground, increased the "clarity", increased the exposure by a stop and a bit, then used gradients to selective increase and decrease areas of exposure and saturation, then decreased the overall saturation.... and cropped it...
what do you reckon ...

IMG_0344.jpg

another update ... used the adjustment brush to darken the bit where the sea meets the sand on the right

IMG_0344-2.jpg

... another update .... upped exposure, darkened top of sky

IMG_0344-3.jpg

i think the is the last go now

IMG_0344-4.jpg

Last edited:
... sorry one more ...

i thought i could see a bit of green in the sky so i have brought it out a bit more ... i think this is what i would be happy with ... it may be a bit unrealistic with the green in the sky ... but where would we be without artistic licence eh:)

IMG_0344-6.jpg

your gonna have to excuse me ... im waiting on a very important call and trying to distract my self :)

Last edited:
wow that an astonish amount of EDITS / version's of my sunset Hamish...........not sure which would be my favorite or preferred to be honest..........!!

O yes i am...........mine.................hehe

That's gonna take some beating I think ... Looks spot on ... I'll have a go in a bit ...
I'm not waiting on any scary news today, so it should just be one version this time ;)

Back