Even More Greetings from Sheffield.

Dave Kendrick

Hi Everyone,
Dave Kendrick here,
I started with black and white photography when a auntie gave me a Kodak 128 roll film camera in 1951 with folding bellows and a prism viewfinder which rotated 90deg to go from landscape to portrait. I then got into developing and printing my own pics.
I got into 35mm later with a Praktica and started enlarging and printing, then into slides (still got thousands in the loft which I intend to digitise 'some day') :eek: .
Current kit Fuji S9500 as I'm not so passionate photography as I was - I'm just a simple snapper now.
Dave.

Last edited:
its time to reignite the passion then dave!

Hi Hamish,
You are of course right but ..... it's finding the time and energy - so many other interests. Some clever geezer once said that work expands to fill the time available, well hobbies and interests do the same, witness my belated 'conversion to hi-fi ;-). I expect to do more monitoring than contributing on here for a while, hoping to learn.
Cheers,
Dave.

Yep, it surely is!! :)
Please do an old numptie a favour and remind me of your AoS username - sorry but names were never my strong point, particularly when I can't put a face to the name. :confused:
Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Hamish,
Your wish is my command - unfortunately I appear to have mislaid the moving image - I'll see if I can download it again.
Cheers,
Dave.

It's Chris - The Grand Wazoo, Dave!
So how the hell are you?

Hi Chris,
Nice of you to make contact. Sorry for the tardy response but I haven't popped in here for a day or so, or maybe more :eek: .
I'm very well, thanks for asking, and how are you?
As I said, I'm hopeless with names but I wasn't sure whether or not I was persona non grata with you as well as Tweedledum and Tweedledee since my excommunication - obviously not, which is nice to know :D .
Look forward to swapping posts and pics with you but I'm very much just a happy snapper (NB not happy slapper you'll be pleased to know ;) ).
Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Hamish,
I've rediscovered the wobbly avatar - its a gif file, 180 x 168 pixels and 7.42KB. When I add it on another forum it wobbles, when I added it to AoS it wobbled but when I add it to RPG it refuses to wobble. Any ideas?
Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave! {need a wavey smiley} hope you and yours are well.

Nick has very kindly sent me aos smileys il get them in when I have some time ... Time ... I remember a time when I had time .. It was quite a time ago now...

It's the Big Wazza!! I dont get it, are all hifi enthusiasts closet photographers or something? We'll have to be careful or we'll all be waxing lyrical about how some seminal Japanese camera from the 80's is the best thing ever (once you spend £2000 modifying it) and what USB cable gives the best imaging.

... Ive only spent £1900 modding mine ;)

Cameras from the 80's are mostly my favourite cameras as it goes ... The only thing they need doing is the odd light seal repair ... The good ones anyway...

I can't imagine "modding" a camera ... Although I have modded lenses in the past... Although all that cost was the price of a file and some greese

Back