Hi from London

Thanks Brian Im not sure about the XA2 it seems to me theres not really much you can do with it or more likely I don't know what I could get out of it.
Fine machines, the XA series, Martin. I shoot mine in light or dark and they tend to read the light very well indeed. Plus the portability and picture quality are impressive. Great cameras in my opinion.

Fine machines, the XA series, Martin. I shoot mine in light or dark and they tend to read the light very well indeed. Plus the portability and picture quality are impressive. Great cameras in my opinion.
Perhaps I should download the manual for it I have only shot the one role so don't really know much about it. The 3 settings I hazard a guess at was the centre one which is orange was for portraits the top one mountains for landscape and presumed the bottom one was macro tried some on this last setting of some flowers but every shot was out of focus. so I think I need to find out the metering range for focus before I put another roll in it

Perhaps I should download the manual for it I have only shot the one role so don't really know much about it. The 3 settings I hazard a guess at was the centre one which is orange was for portraits the top one mountains for landscape and presumed the bottom one was macro tried some on this last setting of some flowers but every shot was out of focus. so I think I need to find out the metering range for focus before I put another roll in it
Think of the settings as near, medium and far. Definitely not macro. I think closest focus is about 2 and a half feet. I think medium gets you anything from 5 feet to about 15. Of course, its somewhat variable depending on the aperture the camera's brain selects. Also, each time you close the clamshell the distance select lever moves back to medium. That's default. The problem I often have is forgetting to adjust it to near or far when I open the clamshell again.

Think of the settings as near, medium and far. Definitely not macro. I think closest focus is about 2 and a half feet. I think medium gets you anything from 5 feet to about 15. Of course, its somewhat variable depending on the aperture the camera's brain selects. Also, each time you close the clamshell the distance select lever moves back to medium. That's default. The problem I often have is forgetting to adjust it to near or far when I open the clamshell again.
Finally he admitted that the brain in the camera over rules his own, and he speaks to me about horns:rolleyes: As well as he admits to forgetfulness in regard to spelling. Rob, I do not think he is a Scotsman any "moore":D. Lack of .......?

Thanks Julian
I Just downloaded the Manual Close up is 3ft default 4ft and distance 28ft so thats were I was going wrong but hey live and learn.
Thanks for the info Brian

Finally he admitted that the brain in the camera over rules his own, and he speaks to me about horns:rolleyes: As well as he admits to forgetfulness in regard to spelling. Rob, I do not think he is a Scotsman any "moore":D. Lack of .......?
Guilty as charged! Now admit you have horns, Ivar! :)

Back