F/S Erno E-1201 dual-8 Cine projector in box

Mark Bolton

Hi there,

I am currently trying to shift some cine equiptment and i am wishing to sell a Erno E-1201 dual-8 cine projector. The projector has been turned on and does work. I have not used the projector for any projections but i know that it is used mainly for black and white motion pictures. The item is in original box and comes with original instructions for use.

I am after £20 for the projector plus any postage costs, the proceeds from the sale are all going to charity so i am after as much as i can get for the item. If i do not get a buyer by Thursday 14th August then i will put the item onto ebay for sale.

Many thanks and pictures are attached,

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0043[1].jpg
    IMG_0043[1].jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0042[1].jpg
    IMG_0042[1].jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0045[1].jpg
    IMG_0045[1].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74
This is actually a nice piece, and is a dual format 8mm editor - covering both Standard and Super 8mm film types.

Erno E-1201 Dual-8
marketed in 1970s
standard 8 mm \ super 8 mm film
lens: f: 3.5 \ F: 16.1 mm
magnification: 29x
screen size: 90 x 120 mm
lamp: 10 W, 6 V
reel capacity: 120 m
film loading: manual threading
film transport: manual
frame counter: no
sound: no
accessory shoe: yes
power source: 110/240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
weight: ?
dimensions: ?
made in Japan by Sansei Koki

I used a very similar unit to view my standard 8mm films and edit them - you could play backward and forwards and find the exact edit point, using the viewing screen. Then you'd cut the film, and splice together with the next scene, using 8mm splicing tape.

The little accessory shoe you can see would take the optional film cleaning unit - which you'd run the film through when you were done editing, with some Kodak film cleaning fluid - to get rid of any dirt and prints.

erno_film_cleaner_unit.jpg

Last edited:
Is splicing tape easy enough to get hold of?
I could see this being a money pit for me ... I'm teetering dangerously on the ege of it, but not sure I'm quite willing to dive in?!

Hamish - if you're doing physical film editing, then you want the E-1201 - which is a completely manual edit station where you hand-wind the film to choose the edit points. The film is projected onto a glass screen, not onto a wall.

The other two projectors are the type you'd need to show your work to a room of people - projecting onto a wall or screen.

From what I can see online, both are dual standard Super 8 and Standard 8mm units, so both should be able to project the Standard 8mm from your existing camera, and also Super 8mm if you ever get a Super 8mm camera.

The B&H looks like a more expensive unit originally - and may have more features - I saw online that you can pause frame and reverse, which is quite a trick on a projector.

Good video on the Chinon here:

[video=youtube;88J-0oL2q7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88J-0oL2q7E[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88J-0oL2q7E

The reviewer in the YouTube video really likes it!

Back