Family Christmas Card Photo

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
I had an interesting request from a chap at work this week - could I take his family's Christmas card photo for them.

We were having our work Christmas party today, so we agreed to take the shot(s) before then.

Dusted down my Gary Fong LightSphere and put it to good use providing a nice fill flash with my 550EX.

377.jpg

I have to say, that even though it looks like a tupperware bowl, it does do a great job at diffusing flash.

I held the 550EX and diffuser at arms length in my left hand - and triggered it wirelessly using the ST-E2 mounted on the 5D2 - so I got a better off camera look to the lighting.

Any way - here are a few shots that the family selected - ISO800 1/60 sec ETTL flash.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The biggest issue was getting the young girl to stay still for more than 2 seconds! :D

Very nice mate, I too have a Gary fong, the thing is a work of genius if you use it right, somthing you seem to have mastered! Fancy writing a bit of a review for one?

Very nice mate, I too have a Gary fong, the thing is a work of genius if you use it right, somthing you seem to have mastered! Fancy writing a bit of a review for one?

I was thinking the same thing!

I'll put something together...

Back