Critique Welcomed finally found my way back here...

Fidel Marcus

Hello friends, I have not participated in the forum for months now but I found a few moments today with an itch to come back and say hi to everywhere as well as share my humble little PDF I put together earlier today as part of my application with a local real estate marketing agency, I hope you enjoy...

Architectural Portfolio

A very impressive group of photographs and i love the way it's presented

Fidel!
Good to see you ... I wondered the other day if we would see you again...

Some lovely shots in there!
I really like the one down the stair case ...
I'll have to have a better look on the computer at work tomorrow though as its hard to see on the iPhone!

We can host Ebooks here
http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/category/119-ebooks.html
If you want we could make an article out of it in the same way as we have done with those?
No pressure or anything of course ... Just a passing thought!

Did you ever find a ziess ikonta ...
I was wrong in thinking I had one ... Mine is a nettar ... Not quite in the same league from what I read!

Davie thank you

& Hamish great to see you as well. I nearly feel embarrassed for being away so long considering I absolutely love the community here & draw inspiration from it's content.

I would love to have my Ebook hosted on RPF and I would be very flattered if it was made into an article...
just give me size and where to upload and I will prepare a suitable PDF

I am still not on a serious hunt for a folding camera as I'm looking to purchase more digital equipment that I need first

thank you gentlemen, this was the fastest turn around I have ever had for any business inquiry, they responded to my email within minutes and less than 24 hours later it appears that I am on board.
I thought it was pretty amazing that they had nearly no questions once the first impression was made with the Ebook, I suppose photos do speak louder than words...

Congratulations Fidel - you made the decision easy for them!

Any series that has a land rover in it is a winner in my book :D

The PP is very luxurious, do you have a particular workflow to get that look into your images?

Hi Chris
I actually do;
after importing, flagging & meta tagging each shot in lightroom I do 99% of my work in the develop module and my initial routine goes as follows:

1- (I consider this to be most important) correct and adjust perspective and distortions and crop accordingly
2- correct white balance
3- correct exposure (highlights, shadows, etc)
4- saturate, desaturate, vibrance, or convert to BW
5- clarity and contrast
6- sharpness & noise reduction
at this point the overall look of the image is established whether I want a sharp crisp image or a soft relaxed look,
from here I go to refining and fine tuning which means anything from a graduated filter to a brush or manuplitating colors in HSL module, if you take a look at some of the shots where the sky is a vivid blue that is where I used the graduated filter to accomplish the rich color and contrast in the cloud details.
Sometimes I will launch photoshop from lightroom for further work if needed ie; HDR and such (one of the images you saw is HDR) but 90% of the time I'm using lightroom to make most of those images look the way they do, roughly in the process I outlined.

Hi Fidel ...
Email me the PDF I you would and we can go from there!
As for size... What ever is good for screen!
Having not made an ebook myself yet I'm not sure...

Sorry for late reply ... I'm having a bit of a busy week!

Wow! Very nice portfolio indeed.

Thanks also for sharing your workflow too. It's very helpful for someone like me who is just learning LR. One question, is there anything you can do for converging verticals in LR? or is that purely Photoshop domain?

Thanks everyone :)

I'm using LR4 and it does a very good job granted I try to line up my camera for least possible distortion specially when I'm using my Tilt-Shift lens which results in doing very little correction in post.
alfie if you get your hands on Lynda.com's lightroom essentials training you will master lightroom in one week maybe two

I religiously used adobe bridge to color correct then photoshop for fine tuning which in my experience was a time consuming workflow until I finally switched to LR which streamlined the entire process for me.

Back