Forum FAQ

Gets my vote Hamish

most forums fail to establish the basis for a happy coexistence, and hence fail - you address that very nicely

I bet you'll see other forums rip-off your text...

Looks good to me, Hamish, and moreover I think you lay out the ground rules for a happy and peaceful coexistence very nicely indeed. RPF is a great place to hang out.

Cheers all... Yeah, my brain hurt a bit after writing it!
It's taken since we started this place for me to work out how to put that into words!
I hope people do steal it, especially other photography forums ... I might help address this dam stupid guilty until proven inocent regime that most of them have ... Not to mention all the bad mouthing that goes on!

I've linke to it before, but ha anyone seen the Kathryn Schultz thing before ...
Its a little corny, and I sorta wish she wouldnt bring politics into it ... But if your going to have a motto for life, I think fallor ergo sum is a pretty bloody good one!

It's most certainly a great presentation of what RPF is about.
Trust me Hamish, you have nothing to worry about, take a few minutes to read the rules and regs on an Urban Exploration site called 28dayslater.co.uk which I'm no longer a member of.
I can't believe how anyone would think that it would be appropriate to set such arrogant and attitude filled reputation for a forum.
It really is a disgrace, and it beggars belief how they have members to begin with.

What you have there Hamish is fantastic, honest and VERY informative (despite the soar eyes and head) however, its brilliant!
I've been making efforts to get more members from Flickr to sign up and putting in a positive spirit for RPF, then you've done this!
Timing couldn't be better.
Could I use the link so potential new members can read and promote RPF?

Last edited:
As a newcomer here, the first thing I did was check out the FAQs, and even before you made these changes, it gave me the impression that this was a good place to hang out. There is a human and humane touch to your intro, and that speaks volumes about yourself and the site. Plus, everyone has been so welcoming, especially to someone with little experience. I can't imagine a flame war breaking out here...

The FAQ is really good, I like it.

particularly this:

How we differ from many other forums - I might get a bit preachy here, so bare with me
At some point in the past it is my belief that the point of the "internet" has been lost, especially when it comes to forums!
The internet is what it is called, an interconnected network of information!
Many websites seem to have lost sight of this

Most forums appear to be just a place to host banner adverts these days, which is a shame.

Content is king :)

As a newcomer here, the first thing I did was check out the FAQs, and even before you made these changes, it gave me the impression that this was a good place to hang out. There is a human and humane touch to your intro, and that speaks volumes about yourself and the site. Plus, everyone has been so welcoming, especially to someone with little experience. I can't imagine a flame war breaking out here...

Cheers Rob!
thats really what I was going for ...

sounds really good, friendly and easy chilled out forum from reading then FAQ's Hamish. Of course which it is..........words sum it up perfectly.

Great work

Daz

Back