Brian Moore

On the day after The Day The Earth Stood Still, Gort learned welding.

Spotted at SkillsUSA in Louisville, Kentucky.

Olympus OM2n with Fomapan 400 film processed in Cinestill D96 Monobath.

He must be feeling light headed...

lol. He has a massive twinkle in his eye.

Looking for new skills, Brian?

Always! You should see this event, Rob. Each year thousands of high school and college students descend on Louisville to compete in skills-based contests in any and every discipline you can think of. I'm there each year in support of the automotive technology competition, but that is just a small part of the overall event. Masonry, carpentry, cabinetmaking, welding, cosmetology, nursing, baking, photography, electrical, sheet metal trades, auto collision repair, auto paint, graphic design, law enforcement, CAD, and many many more that I can't think of off hand. Its a truly remarkable event.

Well, if no one else is going to suggest it... Is the person behind saying, "Klaatu barade nikto" which apparently translates as, "Use a tighter beam".

I really hope this 'maker' trend proves not to be just that.
I think he’s actually saying “Klaatu barada nikto” which means “Klaatu suggests to avoid destroying the Earth.” You see Pete you’ve mixed up your alien verbs mistaking “barade” (third person singular form of “to use”) with “barada” (third person singular form of “to avoid”). Nevertheless I am impressed with your attempt.

Love this Brian - I can see a square crop in there as well

Is Pete still on a square format thing, or are other aspect ratios permitted now? ;)

On a side note, have you tried any of that Cinestill color movie film?

Love this Brian - I can see a square crop in there as well
Thanks Chris.

Is Pete still on a square format thing, or are other aspect ratios permitted now? ;)
He's still a cheeky bugger but I haven't heard him droning on about the lack of squareness recently. (@Pete Askew: :p)

On a side note, have you tried any of that Cinestill color movie film?
No I haven't. A couple of friends have mentioned it to me so I need to try it.

Back