Hello RPF!

Daniel Matthews

Hello RealPhotographersForum,

I was told to check out this forum from my friend Curt Worton as he told me it was a very friendly and helpful photography community, and was told to make sure I do a meet and greet! So I am here to introduce myself.

Well, to begin my name is Daniel Matthews. I got into photographer after I dropped out of my HND in Software Development, I thought this was the direction I wanted to take after doing two years of it in college and doing very well it in, but photography soon won my heart.

I began shooting with a Sony Alpha A300, the reason I chose this camera was because it was something cheap and cheerful on offer at Jessops. Something for me to learn from, and gradually advance my knowledge of photography.

A year later a made a jump from the A300 to a Canon EOS 7D, I love this camera! It certainly plays a major part in my University course, from Photography to Stop Motion Animation and outside of University for personal projects. I take it everywhere!

I keep a log of my work on my flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniel-matthews/) and on my website (http://danielmatthews.co.uk).

Thank you for taking the time to read my Meet and Greet!

Daniel Matthews

Welcome on board Daniel!

Did I spot a gas mask photo on your Flickr feed? ;)

That'll go down well in some quarters here - you'll feel right at home! :)

Looks like you're really using that 7D - very nice shots

Which Uni is your course at?

I am doing a Ba Hons in Creative Digital Media at Worcester Uni, it's basically a mix and match of digital media modules you can choose. So I am doing Photography, Graphics Design, Animation and Web Design. All my favourite things in one :)

welcome Daniel fellow canonina & 7D user:D i think there are only 2 of us on the forum....!!

An Elite group haha i am sure you will enjoy this fab photo forum. I am now off to look at your flickr.

Daz

Welcome Daniel. We have an interesting group here and I'm sure you'll fit right in, especially with a gas mask or two in your collection ; -)

Welcome to the forum Dan. What can I say that hasn't already be said?! I'm sure you will enjoy this place. Looking forward to seeing more of your work - maybe a spot of animation even (that's what started me off many years ago on Super 8 film!!).

Welcome, Daniel. I'm the other member of the California contingent (Chris Dodkin already said hi). Nice to meet you and look forward to seeing what you do. Just had a look at your flickr and added you as a contact, by the way. I quite like that shot of the City with the gherkin.

Welcome Daniel

Back