Help With Flickr.

Glen Roberts

One again Flickr has tweeked things again by the look of it and now I don't can't work out how to post images!!!:mad::mad::mad:.

When I open the image want to share I click the "Share" button and all the usual Twitter and Facebook options are there and a "HTML" and an "Embed" option. When I copy and paste one of these into the message and preview the post it shows the HTML or Embed stuff I copied but it doesn't show the picture.
I remember before for the picture to show in the post you had to copy and paste a different line (can't remember what it's called) but now I can't find it.

Why the hell can't they leave things alone instead of changing things to confuse thickies like me!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Just remembered the other line I'm supposed to copy is the BBcode, but I can't find the damn thing:(.

Last edited:
Doesnt look as though we have the bb code option anymore Glen, really not sure why they keep playing with stuff, but then who are we to have a say?

It's there.

When you click to get the share options... there are three icons in thin white under the various things like Facebook, Twitter etc.

The right hand one is a push pin. This changes the code in the box to BB Code for forums.

Cheers Dave for that.

See that's why I don't give advice...just a numpty.............think I should stick to looking and lurking

Thanks Dave, I wish they wouldn't keep bloody changing things and confusing us Numpties:oops:.

Kev, I think I'll join you in the Looking and Lurking gang;).

@Dave Green , I have another numpty Flickr query.
I've clicked the little pin and copied the code into a post, but the picture is only coming up small.
Like this.

Am I missing something??

There's a drop down box for the sizes just above the link code - it's set to medium by default.

Does that mean I'll have to change that with every picture before I post them or is it possible to set it to automatically display a larger size like it used to be?

Sorry about all this twenty questions routine:oops:.... My head hurts, I'm going to bed!:(.

It's seems to default back to medium every time now - GRRRRRRR!!!

I think I'm on the new interface and this is how I do it -

When you click on the picture you want to share, there is an area on the left with info about the photo. There are 3 dots next to the "share this photo" option.

Click the 3 dots then click the "download / all sizes" option - a pop-over window comes up - click "view all sizes" - this takes you to the old page where you click on the size you want to share, then right click on the photo and "copy image url" then paste it here.

It's long and drawn out I know...

13059667935_7e5189c906_m.jpg

13059667935_7e5189c906.jpg

13059667935_7e5189c906_c.jpg

Back