Hi, My Name Is Ivar Dahl Larsen, I Live In A Small Town In Norway.

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

I love photography and have done so since 1970 which goes to show that a lot of years and pictures have passed through my hands. As formerly a professional for quite some years as well as other professions, photography has never left my side. To kind of tell what photography means to me, I have made a little poem which I think should be able to describe my feelings about what we all have in common here.
It is an obsession to me - A passion - A desire to create - Perhaps not art - But fractions of reality - A glimpse of beauty - Preserved eternally and - Maybe some day - An image will catch - A glimpse or a scene of something emotionally right, to a whole lot of people which means. - That an image might - be able to do, if not change the world - that’s hard to perceive, - but hopefully make a difference somehow, to you. - So there I am, walking about - Amongst people in darkness and light - through angles and different perspectives - I freeze every moment in sight.
And as a pensioner now, I have more time to spend with my photography and on travels together with my wife. And maybe I can be able to share with you all, photographs, perspectives, ideas and learn even more in doing so.

I thank you all for the welcome and I hope I shall not disappoint anyone being here. I do not expect my first photograph here to be a poem, but I strive. It's late in Norway just now, so pictures shall have to wait a bit. Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome Ivar!! Ivar feeling your going blow us all away with your photos :):)

Welcome Ivar - Norway! I'm so looking forward to seeing your world through your photographs

Welcome, welcome! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Thank you again all and "takk skal du ha" Nick, as you all may have seen, there probably won't be that many nature pictures from me, from Norway, albeit I am out there quite a lot. But what would the world be like without the people and someone to share it's beauty with? I would like to ad also that I find this RPF a grand place to be albeit I shall have to take time to get to know it and you lot thoroughly. Can't really comment on all the wonderful pictures here, my wife needs my attention too. Cheers everyone.

Ivar, are you aware that we can't comment on your wonderful photos in the Photography Showcase? I'm sure many of us would like to enthuse about them, but you have to start a new thread for us to do that.

Back