Hi

Noel Catt

Hi everyone!

Name is Noel Catt and I hail from Hampshire in England.

Just acquired a Eumig C16R and am stunned by the quality, design and sheer presence of this camera.

It looks like its never been out of the case and comes with a full set of filters and handbook.

I have to admit I know nothing about photography and at 64 it wasn't exactly in my field of view (sorry about that).

However you are never to old .........

First question therefore is

There is a film in the camera and its partially wound. Not sure how long its been in there.

I was planning to run it through to practice and then see if it develops?

Could old film damage the mechanism in any way do you think?

Thanks Noel

$_57 (1).JPG

Hi Noel,...and welcome to RPF. That looks a beautiful piece of machinery! I'm no expert in cine cameras but I suspect no harm will come to the camera from the film inside it. Personally, I'd shoot it. (If I could figure out how!) I suspect, however, that you'll find the expense of developing the film to be rather costly. Good luck with it, Noel.

Hi Peter, No idea what make the film. I assume I can't open the case because it will expose the film?

The camera runs fine, so I will use up the film by trying out the different lenses and settings.

Its about 30' in so I'm curious to see what might be on it.

Noel.

Hello Noel and welcome. I used to do filming way back and yes except for a breaking the film nothing should happen. To me it seems as if it is 16mm film and so it says. Got to use the film before you open it as you said of course. The camera looks great and I am sure that you can get to know more by googling it. All the luck to you.

Back