High Contrast B&W with slight grain LR preset

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I cant afford Silver effect at the mo so ive been playing with LR to get a B&W preset i like, this is what i have come up with

DSCF0048.jpg

Original photo

DSCF0048-2.jpg

another example

DSCF0046.jpg

original photo

DSCF0046-2.jpg

Few more shots with this Preset
http://www.realphotographersforum.com/general/2831-shots-alice-bens-visit.html

Download here

Details

This Preset is most suitable for indoor or low light environments as it boosts the exposure quite a bit in the process of adding more contrast

Exposure + 1.3 stops
blacks +15
brightness +60
clarity +40

curves
point curve - medium contrast
split controls set to 19 65 and 90
highlights +60
lights +5
shadows -75

B&W mix set to auto

Grain settings all set to 30

very good Hamish i just downloaded your PS just took me 20 mins to learn how to import Pre-set........i didn't even know you could download & install them........!!

Well how much fun am i going to have this evening.........................off to google LR3 presets....................woop woop

Nice one Hamish. I downloaded a few PS filters last night and hope to get round to assessing them soon. The good ones I will put on RPF. To be fair although there is loads of free stuff for PS and LR a lot of is not so good, it's free however and you just need a bit of time to download and sift through them.

Ark at Paul Lange and his new avatar!
Face to a voice/words on a page and all that shiz

If you find any good ones Paul, link to them else where rather than post them, Id rather keep ones here as ones we put together our selves if you know what I mean?

Ive also updated this one so that it only effects the stuff that it should ...
If you use this preset i would advise deleting the old version and downloading this one instead

Back