Critique Welcomed I was going for moody

Davie Hudson

A very different PP for me than that of my usual

re-visits2.jpg

I know you asked for critique but I can't think of any! It just has one of the compositions that really hit the nail on the head. I think you should get that one framed Davie. Yeh that's it, there's my critique. It's not mounted and framed, what are you playing at man!

I know you asked for critique but I can't think of any! It just has one of the compositions that really hit the nail on the head. I think you should get that one framed Davie. Yeh that's it, there's my critique. It's not mounted and framed, what are you playing at man!

Thank you Paul, it was one I wasn't confident in because of the fact it's not my usual PP at all i'm used to having the hill in full view and majestic like lol

Not sure the BW does it justice to be honest, I like the idea behind this great looking scene, i just cant help feeling its more like a painting than a photo, there isn't much detail to the trees, maybe this would look better in colour. Do you still have it ??

Daz

Not sure the BW does it justice to be honest, I like the idea behind this great looking scene, i just cant help feeling its more like a painting than a photo, there isn't much detail to the trees, maybe this would look better in colour. Do you still have it ??

Daz

i certainly do , with aperture I can revert back to the original without getting rid of the version ... i'll PP the original in colour and post it up for comparison

I also like this Davie. I think maybe the contrast could do with a slight increase and maybe clarity in the sky and mid ground. I also think the plough lines should lead the eye from the corner of the frame to the tree and would personally crop about 20% from the LH side to achieve this. I really like the fine detail in the hills and the interplay with the mist and would try to draw that out a tiny bit more if possible. Maybe a yellow filter applied during the mono conversion would help. What do you think?

Sort of like this...

DavieLandscape-1.jpg

Last edited:
`i like what you did Pete , it cranked it up from moody to almost moribund lol i'd maybe add a brush to lighten the tree slightly (very very slightly)

Back