I'm ill

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I have flu, so if you don't see me here much in the next few days it because concentrating on anything more than lying down shivering or sweating is enough to make me feel like my head is going to fall off ...

Ouch! Nothing worse than a dose of Man Flu - hope you're feeling better soon.

I suggest a hot curry followed by a lot of whiskey - that usually kills anything off...

Take it easy Hamish, you will be OK by the weekend :)

Cheers all, tried wiskey ... Didn't work...
The weekend?!? That's ages away... I can't be doing with this at all... Hannah keeps calling it man flu too, I think it is actual flu you know :) ... It's a bugger as I have asthma so I basically can't breath at all ... I hate being ill it's so god damn inconvenient!

If it is real flu it does take 5 days or so, you should have muscle aches and pains all over if it is flu :(

Not had flu for ages, had a bad case of shingles once, that was really bad, just about lost the will to live for a while :mad:

Flu is horrible the aches and pains in muscles is the worse part I reckon just getting over it myself, still got the horrible cough though :( mind you last year was worse for me I caught swine flu that is something I never ever want to experience again!

Yeah sounds right, muscles all over are achy, I have a cough that I can't shake. When I cough it hurts all the muscles in my back and belly and makes the intense head ache for the time I'm coughing and just after agonising! I also feel dizzy when I stand up! I haven't had it before, I usually get a jab because of my asthma, but I haven't had one this year...

sounds like flu maybe you should see doc for antibiotics cos it will go to the lungs and with asthma your gonna know about it! Believe me it gets nasty!!

Definitely sounds like "real" Flu rather than what a lot of people that have never had "Real" Flu say they have, if you know what I mean (ie. runny nose, sore throat and a cough:mad:).
I have Asthma too and got the flu jab a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully I'm covered this year. I've only ever had the real thing once and never want it again.

Hope you start feeling better soon, but don't give up on the whiskey it could take a full bottle but it will eventually work:p;).

Just woke up about an hour ago feeling really grim checked my pulse - 104bmp check my temp 102f ... Hannah isn't here, so I phoned nhs direct... What a fantastic service! 0845 4647 ... I got to speak to a nice nurse who reasured me that I probably wasnt dying, told me to take to paracetamol and chatted with me for a while to make sure I was with it enough to look after my self! And that is a free service, absolutely brilliant!!

yeah paracetamol will bring the temperature down, just make sure you stay indoors and watch when walking about cos legs can give way under you with flu too

Agree with what you say to Glen many people have not experienced real flu, normally they have just a bad cold but when you got the real flu its something you dont forget its real nasty, only had it twice in my life and also had swine flu last year that was the worse I have ever experienced I was like a zombie for about 10 days

yeah paracetamol will bring the temperature down, just make sure you stay indoors and watch when walking about cos legs can give way under you with flu too

Agree with what you say to Glen many people have not experienced real flu, normally they have just a bad cold but when you got the real flu its something you dont forget its real nasty, only had it twice in my life and also had swine flu last year that was the worse I have ever experienced I was like a zombie for about 10 days

I got to speak to a nice nurse who reasured me that I probably wasnt dying, told me to take to paracetamol and chatted with me for a while to make sure I was with it enough to look after my self! And that is a free service, absolutely brilliant!!

You're delirious, mate. Dazed and confused. That was a very different kind of service, she was only pretending to be a nurse...

Back