Critique Welcomed Inverted Pass

Really interesting effect you've got from HP5 Brian, like slow motion happened. If I couldn't make out the jet, the trail behind it is like a horizon line from a big wave.

Really interesting effect you've got from HP5 Brian, like slow motion happened. If I couldn't make out the jet, the trail behind it is like a horizon line from a big wave.
Thanks a lot, Wes. It's not everyone's cup of tea. Indeed, it wasn't even MY cup of tea at first. But it has grown on me. I've long loved the real solarized look, though. Man Ray's stuff for example. I also accidentally got some solarization occasionally in Polaroid B&W pack film "negatives". (Actually that film was the now defunct Fuji 3000B.) Those were serendipitous, however, whereas Man Ray and others proactively worked to achieve the look,...as did @Pete Askew a few years ago. As I recall Pete did so in his darkroom with quite good success.

Thanks for the direction to Man Ray Brian, I've now just enjoyed learning about him in summary and, more striking to my imagination, Lee Miller! Quite interesting photography.

Edit* caution if you go looking on her dedication website, the Germany war images include some graphic photos.

I see what Alexander means and that disturbed me more in the blinding light shot than is this one. And I think that is because these are partial silhouettes and it works very well here and makes the inverted plane more special somehow.
Thanks for the feedback, Pete.

Back