just about as nerdy as you can get

Beth Carter

samurai storm troopers. cause why not. shot during a recent power outage. set the camera on a 20 sec. exposure and lit the figure with the flashlight on my cell phone. used my hand to control the light spill.

48352327362_9c51307602_o.jpg

samurai storm troopers. cause why not. shot during a recent power outage. set the camera on a 20 sec. exposure and lit the figure with the flashlight on my cell phone. used my hand to control the light spill.

What did you shoot that with. That photo is awesome!! You ought to be a studio photographer. I could never light something that well.

What did you shoot that with. That photo is awesome!! You ought to be a studio photographer. I could never light something that well.
fuji 50r & 100-200mm lens. just got some extension tubes which would have let me get closer if i'd had them at the time.

the lighting isn't that great (it's very uneven because i did it by hand) and anyone could do it. it's just lit from each side of the figure. the shoulder on our left was too bright so i toned that down in ps. if i were to do this properly i'd have 2 off camera flashes light the figure instead of the cell phone.

fuji 50r & 100-200mm lens. just got some extension tubes which would have let me get closer if i'd had them at the time.

the lighting isn't that great (it's very uneven because i did it by hand) and anyone could do it. it's just lit from each side of the figure. the shoulder on our left was too bright so i toned that down in ps. if i were to do this properly i'd have 2 off camera flashes light the figure instead of the cell phone.

Do you use the Cloud version?

i have the one in the middle too, the photography plan with lr and ps.

Sorry for the delay. My AC went out. It's been 100 degrees the last two days and I have my 81 year old father living with me. I wouldn't mind right now an asteroid landed on me.... Anyway....I can't figure out how to make the photos load on to my hard drive when you import them. It wants to go to the cloud which is only 20GB. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Sorry for the delay. My AC went out. It's been 100 degrees the last two days and I have my 81 year old father living with me. I wouldn't mind right now an asteroid landed on me.... Anyway....I can't figure out how to make the photos load on to my hard drive when you import them. It wants to go to the cloud which is only 20GB. Is there something I am doing wrong?
that sucks about the ac. too hot for that mess.
are you using lightroom cc or lightroom classic? i use lightroom classic. lightroom cc is cloud based.
under creative cloud there's 3 lightroom apps. one is called lightroom and the description says it's the cloud based photo service, you don't want that one. there's another app called lightroom web. you don't want that either.
then there's lightroom classic. that's the one you want to use.

Back