Just won this on eBay!

Candids eh... self erecting... ooo errrr missus - that's enough of that young man! ;)

Something very satisfying about snagging something on EBAY that you've been after for a while :) :)

Hehe yeah, bulk film backs are basically pointless these days with digital being a much more sensible choice where for what ever reason you need loads of shots but can't change a film ... I can't even think of an application for one!?

I also have the md4 auto winder which is a beast! And the wonderful "high point" finder ... Although the little button on the HP the lights up to show you what aperture you have set is a little on the ropey side and doesn't always work ... Its the one camera out of my nikon collection that I consider part of my regular used kit ... Absolutely love the thing! Im so excited to be finally getting a waist level finder for it! I'm going to go out with it and the 135 lens and get some street photos I think!

There is something odd about framing with a waist level that gets my composition better (I have the waist level for my f4 too although don't like the f4 particularly so use it very rearly) I think it's the fact that you see more of a finished image in what your looking at??

As an aside, I thought this thread might be a nice place for other people to share their happy eBay finds!?

Good idea although the last thing I bought was a rising standard and extension bellows for my Cambo Legend last year.

I know what you mean about the composition. That's part of what I enjoy about using Hasselblad V system cameras and the old Mamiya C series. That idea that you are looking at the final picture in its frame. It is also intriniscially slower and I think that makes you more thoughtful about the composition. Add to that the limited number of frames and far more discipline is required overall.

Yeah, completely agree!
One thing I've never tried is using my 50mm 1.2 with a waist level...
Is narrow dof photography harder or easier?

Yes very nice ... ££ though ... I got a but if a funny look (and rightfully so) for spending £28 on my self with baby on way!

Yes. A friend has it at the moment but seems to only be using it as a prop!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1389617115.298647.245871667114&type=1&theater

She's in Spain shooting weddings until the 27th but I will see her at our works Xmas Party on the 28th (don't ask!) and will ask her to bring it with her if you'd like to borrow it. It has several lenses and a paramender for parallex correction when shooting closer. They are nice cameras and this was my first real medium format camera. If I remember correctly the 55mm lens is a bit stiff and looks slightly battered but is optically perfect. The older lenses were always said to be sharper than the newer ones as the major users were portrait and wedding photographers and Mamiya designed the later, C330 etc, lenses to be a touch softer. I've never compared, but they are certainly very sharp.

That would be amazing Pete!! ... Id love to have a go with some kit like that ...

I have a medium format folder i have used a couple of times and borrowed a pentax (645??) from the shop the one time ... but have never used anything like this!

Just won this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....979224&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180695527400&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....55142&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5596wt_1139

bit of a gamble on all of them ... the first one being a gamble as working condition is unknown

the second 2 both state a jammed shutter
the thing with vitos is they often state jammed shutter as the shutter is loaded by the film and an internal sprocket and not the film advance ... i contacted the seller of the second 2 telling him this. he was very nice and said that as he was selling so much stuff he was happy to leave the listings as they were.
he is even delivering them to me on friday!

I have decided to restart my camera collection, but i am going to concentrate specifically on 35mm voigtlanders

next one for the collection is an original 1940 folding vito!

Back