Lauren in the snow

Tim Pindar

My daughter today [NB Photo edited following suggestions below - may need a refresh]:

p187056942-5.jpg

Trains still getting through:

p713113992-5.jpg

Other snowy photos taken today are here

Last edited:
great portrait photo of Lauren....i bet she's not really as happy as she looks standing around n the snow while dad snaps away..............haha

Very nice shots - bit of a crop on the portrait perhaps?

Were you using a little fill flash Tim?

Train shot's a winner as well - tells the story perfectly

Fill flash on the portrait. The light was very very flat. Not on the train, it was taken from a bridge over a level crossing, which had flood lights, hence the light in the foreground.

The portrait is already cropped, but could be cropped further - what would you suggest Chris?

was thinking that you could crop some of the space above Lauren's head perhaps - get her face away from center frame

I love the way snow gives depth to photos - the train shot shows this really well - it softens the more distant objects and really helps the foreground objects stand out :)

Refresh the page Chris and see what you think now - I've cropped it down somewhat, but any more and it chops off a lot of her right shoulder.

PS These were taken with the 50mm 1.4. I'm getting to like it now. Composition isn't too difficult if you are happy to crop later.

Back