Loooking forward.

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

Well we all have our different cameras, similar cameras and wanting even better cameras at some time. Men especially and I am no different. But since I have come to a certain stage in life, ( no comments please as I am very fragile), meaning I do not sell images as much anymore. Maybe that's why I need a new camera?:rolleyes: And since it is just a hobby, but a very important one. I have come to the conclusion that most new cameras of today, are good enough. It's the way you handle it that counts I believe. When you see what people are able to do with cameras of today and yesteryears on this forum, I think for once I am right! What is important is that we are at ease with our tools and when we do it. If anyone likes to take me up on that, feel free.
Now this little camera I have used here an Olymp # 5 with a 14 - 42mm lens, done with one hand in a 1/8 of a second at ISO 3200 while driving quite fast at night proves my point I think. So from now on, no new camera shall tempt me any more. Wonder what the Sony 7RII is like?:rolleyes:
looking forward.jpg
Looking forward, - - to get home!

The Sony A7R11 with 42mp sensor is outstanding and a must have with the Ziess lenses. Kidding aside some of the A7 originals second hand near mint are being sold at prices cheaper than m4/3 cameras new. :eek:

Good pic it looks as if you are going so fast the car you are in has not caught you up yet

The Sony A7R11 with 42mp sensor is outstanding and a must have with the Ziess lenses. Kidding aside some of the A7 originals second hand near mint are being sold at prices cheaper than m4/3 cameras new. :eek:

Good pic it looks as if you are going so fast the car you are in has not caught you up yet
Thank you Julian, and being homesick, I was speeding, one hand on the steering wheel and one with the camera. Almost a Sterling Moss here mate. Speaking about FF and Sony. What does it help with a little FF camera when the lenses still are huge? Or am I wrong again?:D

Thank you Julian, and being homesick, I was speeding, one hand on the steering wheel and one with the camera. Almost a Sterling Moss here mate. Speaking about FF and Sony. What does it help with a little FF camera when the lenses still are huge? Or am I wrong again?:D
No youre' correct natively speaking or been reading DPR forums to much, or not aware that those small cheerful and cheap Leica and Zeiss lenses will fit ;) or dare I say it, a nice shiny OM 50mm f1.8
I thought of getting the A7R2 and an OM adaptor. But I have a camera or two or......

No youre' correct natively speaking or been reading DPR forums to much, or not aware that those small cheerful and cheap Leica and Zeiss lenses will fit ;) or dare I say it, a nice shiny OM 50mm f1.8
I thought of getting the A7R2 and an OM adaptor. But I have a camera or two or......
Being a very modest man as well as humble, I humbly realize that my humble Olys as well as under rated Pentax by ignorant people, are more than enough for a mature man and his passionate hobby. The bold English who wants to appear as paparazzies may very well deceive themselves by using Sony, big Cannons etc....:rolleyes: Having a small camera, good enough and not obtrusive, actually not even being taken seriously, suits me fine. I wonder when I last was taken seriously. Can't remember!:(

actually not even being taken seriously, suits me fine. I wonder when I last was taken seriously. Can't remember!:(
I'll give it some thought as well and let you know, maybe gone a while :p

I fully fully agree, yet I do like, enjoy and have found resolution to be quite useful, more so than I ever thought I would. It does seem to affect the quality of the image in more ways than simply size and the resulting aesthetics good or bad draws me along with everything else. . Of course for our small monitors it is harder to decipher which digital camera they came from,but I am always blown away when a decent print is made from these high mega byte camera's, with printing being where they excel. But of course 16mb is high, 24mb you can swim in, I'd have thought 42mb you could even go boating on with long oars and have space to indulge in other activities.
I am loyal though and love my Merrill's

Loyal my foot! Wandering between Canon, Merrills and Olympus, and the next will possibly be a Sony 7 of some sort with Zeiss glued to it I suppose. I can see the trend now:D Makes me so sad - when I can't do the same:rolleyes: Going somewhere are you?

Loyal my foot! Wandering between Canon, Merrills and Olympus, and the next will possibly be a Sony 7 of some sort with Zeiss glued to it I suppose. I can see the trend now:D Makes me so sad - when I can't do the same:rolleyes: Going somewhere are you?
Yes indeed very loyal, I may admit too flirting on occasions, maybe even a twinkle in the eye from the opposition, but never an affair of any meaningful feelings or even a thought of the marriage of the E-M5 and the Pana Leica 25f1.4 coming close to the attraction of the solid, locked on brilliance of the merry Merlin's. Yet I must admit the Oly's are fully trustworthy, consistent have a reliability about them which defies logic, but I have always had a soft spot for the underdog with all their frailties .

Very effective shot Ivar. It is interesting, that the objects "far" away like the car, the sign and houses are not blurred, while the close tress are. Of course, I think it can be explained by the different magnification of the objects. Never thought about this effect so far. Again, interesting.

I'm using my Sony A7 for about one year, typically with old Zeiss lenses originally made for the Contax. Simply manual focusing (with the aid of the magnifying viewfinder) and operating in aperture mode, somehow as I was always used to. I like it pretty much. But the new lenses for the system generates new wishes as well.

Thank you Detlef. As the car in front and houses are farther away and focused on, they will appear sharp since they stay at quite a distance as my car is moving at a speed not too fast, the trees which are much closer will on account of a long shutter and the movement forward become as they appear. That is the explanation. Sony 7 series are interesting on account of the FF format, but worth it compared to what I have, well that I'm doubtful to.

Oh and by the way. The Sony 7 is said to be slow at start up, approximately two seconds and slow in finding focus under darker circumstances. But the latter has not been your problem I know.

Oh and by the way. The Sony 7 is said to be slow at start up, approximately two seconds and slow in finding focus under darker circumstances. But the latter has not been your problem I know.

Yes, focusing speed is not my problem, No lens for autofocus. The start up time can be faster indeed. But there are a few tricks makes it a little bit more confortable. Do not switch off the camera, I set for this case one of the function buttons to switch off the display. That saves battery energy. The other one is not a trick. My impression is, that the start up time depends on the duration the camera wasn 't switch on. It really takes a while for start up after let's say a day (maybe some hours). But when you are using the camera on a tour and switch in on and off within an hour or so, start up time is faster and ok me and my slow working style.

Back