Motion Theme

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Since we have been a little quite today, you obviously all need a bit of motivation ;)

We have had a "lenses wide open" theme recently which obviously requires the use of aperture priority mode lets go for one that requires shutter priority!

we shall go for a theme title of

Motion

Interpret that how you wish, but lets see those photos where you set your camera to that little "S" or "Tv" ;)

I'm gonna go up the park with the dogs and a 70-200 vr and see what I can get I think this evening I think!

I know i have probably cheated by uploading an old photo but i currently have access to my laptop but not my camera so it will have to do for now :D this was one of the first pictures i ever actually took on shutter priority mode.

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 25
Hey Curt, that's a pretty interesting photo. The arc of water looks like part of a necklace. And is very sharp. Good job there. As long as you posted an older photo I'll do the same in my next reply.

moonlight4.jpg

Well only the sparks are moving so hope this qualifies.

I really like how it is just the sparks moving, it adds quite a surreal touch to the photo!

Spot on theme guys!! :)
What were you doing to get that shot curt?

I really like fire side shots, I have a few from a couple years back that are similar (although admittedly not as sharp) to that ... I'll see if I can dig em out!

I got my girlfriend to throw cups of water in the air outside my front door haha, and just got a lucky nice shot :D

Id like to get a shot like that with water hitting someone ... Funny expression on face etc ... I'd bet it would be fun doing too :)

Id like to get a shot like that with water hitting someone ... Funny expression on face etc ... I'd bet it would be fun doing too :)
Might depend on which side of the camera you're talking about ; )

Hahah yes I was gonna say would definitely be fun from behind the camera :p

she isnt keen on modelling ever .... i have to work on her for days to get her to let me take photos ... so yeah, id guess you would be right on that one too ;)

Ava after a paddle in the brook

Attachments

• April 8th shake shake.jpeg.jpg
    April 8th shake shake.jpeg.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 15
Ha, Brain ... Love it!
Nice to see another dog owner on the forum!
We have ten puppies in our house at the moment!
It's a mad house!

Ha, Brain ... Love it!
Nice to see another dog owner on the forum!
We have ten puppies in our house at the moment!
It's a mad house!

IMG_5948SMALL.jpg

MEN wheel in Manchester taken earlier this week, motion of the wheel & people on the street

Love the dusk colours in this one - have to ask, why 'Men' wheel?

I Thinks its Sponsored by the "Manchester Evening News" daily evening news paper and also the name of the big concert arena near by

OK, I also cheated because I just saw your thread and it's 2am so I'm not going to get out of bed to go shoot something right this second. But you wanted motion and this shot from Korea comes to mind (Sorry, I wasn't shooting shutter priority mode - I used manual so I suppose that still counts):

Downtown Seoul by Chimay Bleue, on Flickr

Back