My Little Millie Moo :)

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
Hi folks. Here are a few pictures of my 6 week old daughter (something different other than Light shows). I did a few experiments with the off cam flash and a few shots with a diffuser umbrella. She had a fluffy rug for a birth present which was very useful for the shots. Had a play around with different exposures and quite like the intention i had in mind with them. Never really experimented alot with off cam flash as Im too busy slinging fire around with torches in my hand, but chuffed with these shots. Critisism and advice most definately welcome. :)

Attachments

• P3063075-2.jpg
    P3063075-2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P3063028-2.jpg
    P3063028-2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P3063060-2.jpg
    P3063060-2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P3063081-2.jpg
    P3063081-2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 19
The second one is my fave, the lighting is very good in that one
The selective colour works pretty well in these to be fair ... One of those situations it's does work ...
Nice to see somthing different from the Dan Cat camp

Very nice Dan. Not normally a fan of selective colour but here it works nicely (did you desaturate the colour element also?). I personally like No. 1 the best. No. 3 is a bit too 'Anne Geddes' for my liking (she irritates the hell out of me!!). The lighting is nice and dramatic in No. 2 (posibly a touch strong on the back) but I find the lack of lead to the face not quite right for a baby photo. So, No. 1 for me - I can imagine her being very fond on this in later years (and relieved that her good old dad didn't flash her bum off to a load of strangers on the internet!! :) ).

Oh, and the strange thing is, it appears it is the cow that has your eyes and skin texture!! :)

Last edited:
I used a selection tool and desaturated the entire image except for the moos nose. I tried take the coulors out and just leave the red in, but it made Millie look like she had a rash, so I thought selection was needed. Number 2 is quite dramaticicaly contrasted with all intended, which makes it my fav and an also an acquired taste. I do apologies that I've never heard of Anne geddes before, just had a scan of her stuff, good stuff on there, but...... But......... (sorry pete, I'm trying to find something negative to say about her on your behalf, but only just heard on the woman so it'd be wrong to) lol. But I do see what you mean now when you say too Anne geddes for you.
Oo, how about a mummy ba.....b .... No no no, that would just be insane and morbid (but NEVER done before) No No No!!! Silly ! I think the pictures of her bum would be the least of her worries over the fact that daddy was painting her with light as an experiment. Bless her :) haha!!

So cute!

dan!!! awesome!! i love 2!!! i would pay to have my munchkin snapped and framed if the photo came out like that!!! you should be chuffed with them mate. i would be........ now ........... how about the horse mask???? half baby half horse!! hahahahaaaa!

Back