My New Album

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
I'm delighted to announce my new album:

Fernando Sor: The Art Of The 19th-Century Guitar, Volume 1

This recording is devoted to 32 of my favourite studies by this towering genius of the early 19th-century classical guitar. It is a download-only album, available from iTunes, Amazon and CD Baby:

Rob MacKillop | Fernando Sor - the Art of the 19th-Century Guitar, Volume 1 | CD Baby Music Store - where you can hear excerpts.

I use a modern copy of the type of guitar favoured by Sor, a Lacote by Michael Nalysnyk of Historical Guitars - Home, using gut and silk strings by Aquila, specially formulated for the early 19th-century repertoire.

I have also tried to get as close as possible to the technique outlined by Sor in his Method.

Not familiar with Fernando Sor? Think Mozart and Schubert, with a Spanish-French influence...

The album is set at a low price, and once downloaded can be played on your computer, iPad, phone, or burned to a CD. The CD Baby page includes the Programme Notes.

Please Like, Share, and Tweet about!

Here's a video I did a while back of the kind of thing to expect from the album:

[video=youtube_share;R9dgIUmq81I]http://youtu.be/R9dgIUmq81I[/video]​

You are properly awesome!!

I can start to appreciate where your artistic instinct in photography comes from!!

how the hell do you do that..............LOL

truly stunning stuff, your a very clever chap, love you photography & your pretty kool with the guitar to :)

Daz

Thanks, gentlemen. Much appreciate it, even if it is not your kind of music and have no intention of buying it. I just think it is nice to be able to share things other than photography with my RPF friends.

I have left this playing while I'm at the computer. I'd certainly rather listen to this this Christmas than all those terrible carols and Christmas pop songs! We'll see what we can do to make it this years number one.

The music from 3min56.

How to make it go viral ... may i suggest for ur next vid wearing a tight little number ;)

Awesome. I just downloaded it. I wasn't familiar with that composer but Schubert is one of my favorites. The Trio in E Flat (used by Kubrick in Barry Lyndon) is one of two or three favorite pieces of music.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob - awesome! :)

Thanks again Rob. I just got through listening again to the CD I burned from your download. It's fantastic!!! You are really talented. I forwarded the link to a friend of mine who I think will enjoy it also. Just out of curiosity, most of my Cd's are jazz and some classical (I love Bach, Schubert and Beethoven), what do you think of Jimmy Page? He's the one rock guitarist I really like listening too.

Well, thank you, Steve. Glad you like it. I often play jazz guitar as well, and have played blues for what seems like one hundred years. Jimmy Page is a great rock-blues player, without question, but when it comes to great white bluesmen I don't think anyone comes close to the young Peter Green. All subjective, of course :)

Talking of Bach, one of the weirdest things I recorded was a Bach cello suite played on a tenor banjo. You might well raise your eyebrows at that, the banjo being about as far as you can get from a cello, but have a listen:

[video=youtube_share;c2fTQsUVS44]http://youtu.be/c2fTQsUVS44[/video]

Back