My New Album

That was really incredible. And one of my favorite things by Bach. I have several different recording of the Cello Suites. Do you like the Arpeggionne Sonata by Schubert? If so, and you know of any interesting interpretations of it please let me know.

On Jimmy Page, the thing I find really interesting about him (and perhaps what he's not recognized for) is their sound in the studio. I do think they were one of the better live rock acts I saw with David Bowie perhaps being the most polished. Perhaps after listening to jazz for so long I have less patience with live rock than I used too. Much as I love Exile on Mainstreet you would never catch me paying money to see the Rolling Stones live again. :)

Here are two thing you might find interesting:

Le Pas du Chat Noir: Amazon.co.uk: Music

The guitarist, John Williams, recorded an interesting arrangement of the Arpeggione Sonata - guitar and small orchestra - which I like a lot. The Arpeggione was tuned like a guitar, I believe, so the transformation lacks only the sustain of the bow at times.

Exile is my favourite Stones album :D

PS I once studied oud in Istanbul and Morocco...

I might argue rather vehemently that Exile is the greatest Rock and Roll album of all time. Let It Loose is probably all time favorite Stones song.

(I also like Led Zeppelin IV, For Your Pleasure, and Station to Station :p).

Thanks for the heads up on the John Williams. I'm going to see if Amazon has it today. I'm headed out to take the dogs hiking. I made an extra copy of your CD for my car. I have a few John Williams CD's so that's a no brainer for me. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one more recommendation Grant Green's Idle Moments. I'm not crazy about the piano player on this one but I love the vibes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Idle-Moments-Grant-Green/dp/B00000IL2A/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1353770972&sr=1-1

Or if you don't mind organ this is a great combo- Guitar, Organ, Vibes, Drums (Elvin Jones):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Street-Dreams-Grant-Green/dp/B000006DFL/ref=sr_1_16?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1353771026&sr=1-16

Back