My Street - Grossbeerenstr / Am Findling, Potsdam.

Here is my entry for the theme.

The corner of our apartment building.

AmFindling-1-1.jpg

The bus shelter with its three ladies: always there, come rain or shine!

AmFindling-2-1.jpg

The advert / map by the crossing.

AmFindling-3-1.jpg

The Litfaßsäule.

AmFindling-4-1.jpg

And all taken before 15:00 today (Sunday) and so there was still time for coffee and cake!

AmFindling-5-1.jpg

Leica M9 + Leica Summilux M 35mm f1:1.4. PP in LR and Nik ColorFX 4.

Last edited:
I recognize that tree in the first one, Pete. Its a lovely shot that first one. The tree has an almost OOF look about it, and the colors in the image are very appealing to me.

Thanks Rob. All images were processed in the same way. Minor crops then corrected for vertical etc. Clarity +20 and some minor corrections to exposure where necessary. Opened into PS and then into Nik ColorFX 4. Used a pre-saved recipe for cross process (L05) and Glamour-Glow (70/30). Border added (10px) in same dark tone to each. Saved back to LR and then processed in Nik Output Sharpener (40% adaptive) and a small (< 1/3 stop) gradients added where required. Small curves adjustment made to lift highlights a touch and push contrast up a tiny bit (I find Photobucket loses some). Then exported and uploaded. Virtually out of the camera! ;)

Fabulous Pete! Just fab!
Reminds me of home! Not Potsdam of course, but just the typical 'German' about it..... You know what I mean Pete :)
Cracking shots, nice to see your entry as I was looking forward to it. :)

Colours on these images are fantastic Pete. With the amount of trees it much look very different in the spring/summer. I wont mention it maybe a good place for a leaf pic or two.

This is very Pete Process ;)
i also really like the tree on the first!

- - - Updated - - -

... So is that the building with the studio you have shown us before

The studio is in the courtyard within the apartment complex The big doors to which are a bit to the right of the shot. This is quite common and in former years there were often businesses in the 'hinterhof'. These days many have been converted to apartments but ours hasn't and there is a woodworking workshop, store rooms and, upstairs, my studio, office and darkroom (about 1000 sq feet). The building dates from the end of the 19th century.

In some ways it doesn't look too different from some places in the UK if you ignore the signs. The PP reminds me of photographs traditionally printed on paper that has that very fine texture and a slight pearl like finish. I don't know what it is called I have only seen it in some galleries. I presume it is actually photo paper and not printed.

Back