Critique Welcomed Natural Confusion

Kev Pugh

Be it barley, be it corn; be it wheat or be it rye; T'is all 'Natural Confusion' to my eye....

Natural Confusion by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Before the harvest I thought I should get at least one shot of something I have been watching grow all year, I just love the way nature creates such random beauty without, it would seem much effort at all, yet we all take it for granted and pass it by....

Hand held 200mm f5.6 M42 manual focus on the D200 with a bit of PP in PS...

It's actually wheat Kev, but I love the photograph anyway

lol

Barley, wheat,...you could tell me its garbanzo beans and I'd believe it! ;)

Anyway, kudos to Lesley for knowing her grains and kudos to Kev for a fine fotie.

Love the way the DOF enhances the confusion, and yet clarifies the subject Kev - works really well in B&W

lol

Barley, wheat,...you could tell me its garbanzo beans and I'd believe it! ;)

Anyway, kudos to Lesley for knowing her grains and kudos to Kev for a fine fotie.

It's easy enough Brian. Wheat and barley are very similar, only barley has the long wispy bits at the end of each grain. It's the straw I try to avoid because those bits can cause coughing. Oats are "toatally" different and each grain hangs away from the stalk, much like a wild grass in flower. Corn is maize, which as well all know is corn on the cob - so a massive head of corn wrapped in large, flat leaves.

I know nothing about rye... :)

Back