New Fuji X Lens For All You Users Out There !

Andy Boardman

Trade Member: Bob Rigby Photographic
Fujifilm launches the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS – an ultra wide to standard zoom lens with an F4.0 aperture throughout
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS lens compatible with all Fujifilm X mount compact system cameras.

Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS

The new Fujinon XF lens is a 2.4x zoom lens – equivalent to 15-36mm in 35mm format. Its ultra wide to standard focal length capabilities make it the perfect choice for shooting dynamic, high impact landscapes images with maximum detail from the foreground to the far distance. It also comes into its own when shooting interiors, making small rooms look more impressive, while the maximum F4.0 aperture that is available throughout the zoom range, enables handheld shooting even in low light conditions.

Fujifilm’s introduction of the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS means its X mount series can now boast (in 35mm equivalent) focal length options ranging from 15mm to 350mm.

Key features on the Fujinon XF10-24mm lens

• Newly designed optical system with 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 3 extra low dispersion glass lenses which maximize performance of the X-Trans sensor.
  • A powerful Optical Image Stabilisation function which boosts the ability to work handheld when shooting in low light.
  • Ghosting is minimized by Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC*1 multi-layer coating that is applied to all sides of Fujinon lenses.
  • An additional newly developed coating has been added to the reverse side of the front lens in the XF10-24 composition to further reduce the ghosting that typically occurs when using deep concave lenses.
  • Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used in-conjunction with an X-series camera*2 that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function.
  • Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps to create smooth and round bokeh effects.
  • The ability to shoot at an aperture of F4.0 from the lens’ ultra-wide 15mm focal length to its longest at 36mm.
  • A minimum working distance of 24cm means that with macro photography you can capture both the small foreground detail and the wider surroundings to give your subject greater context.
  • Its high-speed AF is achieved via its inner focusing system which drives smaller lenses in the middle or rear lens groups without moving the larger lenses in the front lens groups
  • Thanks to light weight internal lenses and the addition of a stepping motor, the XF10-24mm lens is also very quiet to use.
  • With its precision-made, responsive, and finely-tuned metal aperture and focus rings, you are ensured a superb handling experience.
*1 High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating

*2 As of December 2013 “FUJIFILM X-E2”

Specification Chart : Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS

Name

XF10-24mmF4 R OIS

Lens configuration

14 elements in 10 groups
(includes 4 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion elements)

Focal length

f=10-24mm

(35mm format equivalent)

(15-36mm)

Angle of view

110°- 61.2°

Max. aperture

F4

Min. aperture

F22

Aperture control

Number of blades

7 (rounded diaphragm opening)

Step size

1/3 EV (16 steps)

Focus range

Normal:0.5m~∞
Macro :24cm~3m

Max. magnification

0.16 x(Telephoto)

External dimensions : Diameter x Length* (approx.)
* distance from camera lens mount flange

φ78mm x 87mm(Wide) / 87mm (Telephoto)

Weight (approx.)

TBC

(excluding caps and hoods)

Filter size

φ72mm

© 2013 Fujifilm UK Ltd. Specifications are subject to change.

i'm getting one, but i hope it's better than that nasty 23mm that @Chris Dodkin has. what really excites me is the new handgrip that was announced. it sounds like i can leave a tripod foot on and still access the battery and sd card slot which has been on my wishlist for the fujis since i got them.

Mmmmm ultra wide goodness :D

i'm getting one, but i hope it's better than that nasty 23mm that @Chris Dodkin has. what really excites me is the new handgrip that was announced. it sounds like i can leave a tripod foot on and still access the battery and sd card slot which has been on my wishlist for the fujis since i got them.
That grip does look nice - looks like it should work with my tripod head directly as well

I didn't see what the price on the grip is, but it looks like an RRS (or the Chinese clone iShoot) L-plate and grip without the vertical plate - which is a huge deal for me. I have the RRS without the grip, and with the Lensmate thumb rest I don't feel the need for the extra grip sticking out in front. The RRS, and I believe the iShoot, have free access to the battery door as well. And if you've never used an L-plate, it is immeasurably better than flopping the thing over into the slot on the ballhead and then finding out things start hitting each other as you position it.

I'm passing on the zoom since I already have the 14 (I'm in love) and a D800, 16-35 and Rokinon 14mm if I need VistaVision wide. It's also a little big and heavy for my personal Fuji lifestyle - if I can't comfortably carry it in my beloved Billingham Hadley Pro, it don't go :cool: My normal rig now is the 14, 23 and 60 or 18-55 depending on what I think I need. Once the 56/1.2 is released (I'm all over that puppy), the 60 will likely get left behind to keep the 55-200 company, waiting for special assignments to either go long or go really short. I only bought the 55-200 because I stumbled onto a 1 day Amazon fire sale and figured why not?

Last edited:
I have the superb 14-24mm f/2.8 Nikon for my D700, but if I can concoct some sort of deal to trade for this, it is very tempting. The 14-24mm is a heavy monster, that would be used a whole lot more if it was smaller and lighter. This just might be the perfect solution on the X-Pro1.

Back