Old City Street, Tripoli

Paul Lange

I've started to use PS more as I realised that LR is great but it can't do everything PS can. I was looking for an image to play around with and discovered this one that I really liked. I didn't notice them at first but the light bulb shinning from within the doorway and the man at the end of the street really help my interest.

The PP is two actions that I have. The first is one that punches the colour and texture up. The second adds a B&W layer that de-saturates the image. I then modified the levels a bit and selectively burned and dodged areas.

OldCityStreetTripoli.jpg

Ooooo, very nice - I'm not seeing the guy at the end of the street though?

Wonderful image. I love that wee starburst of light from the doorway. Love the rubbish on the ground also, as well as the wood support structure above. All very atmospheric. Very nice indeed, Paul!

Omg!!! What a shot!! That's amazing. PERFECT PP. My fav shot at the mo..... :) :)
(I can see the man) lol

Wow, thanks for the wonderful comments. I originally wrote this image off in favour of others and found it last night by accident really. If anyone is interested I can merge the 2 actions into one and post it on the downloads so others can experiment with it.

Sounds like a good idea!
Would be interested to see it work on another image!

It is a great shot, the lighting is shot on!

People who pick up a camera regularly see things differently than those who don't (not that I know if your family can take pictures or not). When my passion excelled in photography things 'looked' alot different to me, I see things that my wife doesn't. And of course she would say WTF is that?!! Hahaha!!
Others will look at this shot and maybe state that it's just a dirty ally under a bridge with a dodgy character lurking in the distance...... I would say, it's a perfectly balanced, well excicuted peice of creativity! Wow to you again! I hope you don't mind Paul, I've saved the image on my iPhone and used it as a wallpaper, do I need permission?? Lol

Back