Our Capital

Paul Lange

Here are a few shots that I took while in London a while ago. I used a small Sony point and shoot camera which while OK does have a tendency for quite serious colour fringing. The fringing is an unusual colour and was untouched by my software's removal software. I decided to turn the shots black a white as this was the only way I could negate the problem. The river scene is one thats probably been over done a thousand times but I quite like it with the blown out areas which was kind of how it looked as the day was clear and the sun low.

The memorial strikes me as odd, it has the feel of something you would expect to find in a dictatorship country rather than in London. I dont feel that it really serves its purpose. Must have been one of those decision by committee things.

WarMemorial3.jpg

WarMemorial2.jpg

ThamesView.jpg

Yep. the lighting and the way it highlights the texture on #2 is really nice - the silhouette of the soldier looks like it might even be a real person.

Love the pano as well - great location.

I often look at postcards when I get to a location, and work out the best locations and shots from them - great way to ensure you can capture a classic shot.

I like all these, as mentioned the lighting is great on the first two and a nice composition on the last. I'd love to take the first one but throw the monument out of focus, this is just the type of shot I like. Great stuff

Back