Oxford

Vic Shaw

Wasn't sure where to post this,

As I've not been to Cuba yet Greenwich will have to do.

DSC07351.jpg

I've waited so long for this car to have enough space to be able to shoot it like this

Vic

I wish I could take black and whites like that. Great contrasts, really original composition and a great subject (although I have a huge soft spot for the Farina-designed mark II)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vic - Stunning shot - great use of wide-angle - love the toning as well, sort of HD B&W

What's your post processing work flow like?

Chris I used CS3 here, opened it in RAW convertor just to get the WB correct and get rid of any CA and to add a little sharpening, then open in CS3 use lens corection to correct and issues there with horizons and CV, convert to B&W and use the sliders to get the tones required added Levels, Curves and Contrast Layers and I play around with them till I get the look I like a final step is normally some dodge and burn. All in all nothing to complex just basix steps really, I'm not good enough for the complex stuff,

Vic

Vic, I clearly need to RTFM when it comes to Photoshop - I probably only get 10% out of it at the moment.

Love the look of the shots, so will be having a play with the sliders, curves and layers - thx.

yes it's taken me about 2 years toget to grips with PS ( I didn;t RTFM either). I find it much more fun that way:)

Not guilty. Engineers are those folks that say, "Hmm, wonder where that bit should've gone" aren't they? Us scientists are more inclined to say, "That was a bigger bang than I was expecting!". Or, with microbiologists such as me, "Wow, that genetically modified disease spread a bit quicker than I would have thought!". :)

Read The F'in Manual - LOL

Not guilty. Engineers are those folks that say, "Hmm, wonder where that bit should've gone" aren't they? Us scientists are more inclined to say, "That was a bigger bang than I was expecting!". Or, with microbiologists such as me, "Wow, that genetically modified disease spread a bit quicker than I would have thought!". :)

Engineers get everything out of the box and only look at the manual when they get stuck. Scientists read the manual first and point out all the errors in the translation form Japanese. Microbiologists put on gloves, open the plastic wrapper that the manual is in and disinfect it before putting it under the microscope.

Back