Photojournalist Reveals His 4,425 Camera Collection

Dave Cawley

Media Photographer
Eat your heart out Hamish !! Click here

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Dilish has a collection of 4,425 cameras. His earlier world record was a collection of 2,634 antique cameras.

City-based photo-journalist Dilish Parekh has claimed to have broken his own world record of holding the largest collection of mainly antique cameras.

"I have broken my own record, and this is for the first time I am revealing it," said Dilish, a resident of Pedder Road in South Mumbai.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Dilish has a collection of 4,425 cameras. His earlier world record was a collection of 2,634 antique cameras.

"Cameras are my life. I can't stay without them," said the photo-journalist.

He said he was breaking the news of holding the world record twice on the eve of World Photography Day.

Dilish's collection, which includes Leicas, Rolliflexes, Canons, Nikons, Kodaks, Zeiss and Linofs, has taken 25 years of effort.

The avid collector rummaged through flea markets, approached old studios, interacted with connoisseurs and even put advertisements in newspapers to get a prized collection.

Dilish' most valuable possessions include a 1934-made Leica 250, a rare antique hard to come by, since there were less than 1,000 pieces produced.

Last edited:
worldrecordcameras1.jpeg

WOW - he has a big garage! :D

Wow! That's a lot of Polaroids! (I think I only have about 12 or 15 or so.)

That's not the 4000 camera guy, though, is it?

Oh,...Brilliant idea: I'm going to save this post. Next time SWMBO complains about how many cameras I have I'll rub her nose in this and say,..."Thet's naught a kemra colleecshin,....THET's a kemra colleecshin!"

Apologies for my goofball attempt at an Aussie accent! :eek:

Last edited:
Back