Attention PLEASE USE THE MEDIA LINK ...

Um... tonight may not be the best time for me to comment - I spent about five minutes giving mouth to beak resuscitation on one of our new rescued chickens earlier. She's alive, but I've felt better and I'm just off to bed. I looked at this from work and again over dinner and I do like the clean lines of the new forum. What makes me feel a tad uncomfortable is the like and comment count and highest rated images etc. I was never a very active member of Flickr, but I left after the new design which simply didn't work for someone living in the sticks with sometimes less than 100 Kbps upload/download. I looked at places like 500 Px and the competitive nature put me off. What I loved about this place was the honest and carefully thought out comments and I do worry the new design is going to make it easier to just click a like or rating button instead. As someone who hates Facebook and Twitter with a vengeance and who can't use a mobile phone at work for safety reasons, it feels as though a lot is going to happen outside the forum. I think I feel a bit alienated at the moment. I do wish you all the best with it though...

Dont worry about the rateing lesley, I was thinking about disabling that
As for likes... we have had likes (hugo high fives) for a long time!

So what do we think then?
I want to change it so it says "photos" instead of "media" other than that... to my mind it makes a really nice way to display and comment on photos! ...

No?

A question on the media bit, if I post new media, (I have done) how do I put it in to the forum for comment? will it slowly take over the forum threads or am I being a bit dumb?

you dont put it in the forum ... the idea is that it is commented on in the gallery! ...
At least that is how I see it??

OK so we use both then atm if we post images, maybe if we just want to show we put in the media and if we are seeking comment/critique in the forum???

it is indeed I'm just wondering / pondering the best place to post. I like the media add on and it defo gets my vote but if we post in there, won't the forum listings become redundant after a while. the galleries in the 'old' format were under used, infact not used.

No thats fine Hamish, like I said I'm just wondering where is best to post. I will/would probably do so here as it's far simpler than sticking it on Flickr etc and doubling up on everything and am more than happy with that. just being devils advocate in asking the question, hope you don't mind

I was going to archive the old old system.
The forum would then be for chat about cameras and technique etc, and the gallery about the photos.

This forum has always been about the members ... if you now click on your name, and click media you have a gallery of your photos. It means that if people find you on here there is more info about you, a gallery etc ... it just means that each user has their photos as a back catalogue more directly connected to them. Images will be easier to find

New images also show in the gallery on the home page ...

It also solves an issue I have with being uninspired by people's image titles ... this way when uploaded i can see a little hint of what I am about to look at...

I think its ideal ... but if people dont like it ... ...

Back