Attention PLEASE USE THE MEDIA LINK ...

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
... for adding photos!

I would like to trial a new method of showing images on the forum. All images need to be uploaded directly to the forum.

We still have categories, but we also have a lot more!

for eg, if you go to my profile http://www.realphotographersforum.com/forum/members/hamish-gill.1/
and click "media"

my photos will be there ...

If we all do this, then people can view our photos as a whole etc

Images can be rated too

and uploaded directly from iphones etc

I am going to see if i can get the dev to allow images to be linked to from other places (flickr etc) too but for now, just upload them to the forum!

If this works out, I will archive the old way of displaying photos in threads in favour of this!

This has always been one of my goals , this appears to answer all of the questions and frustrations I had with previous attempts as this!

Cheers

yes, you do have to :)

... ... It is going to replace all the places you used to add photos.
the idea is to show off the photos more, this will help

Click media at the top

or forum -> new posts -> new media

there you will see a list of everyones photos in a gallery rather than just seeing titles.
It is going to make the whole experience of using this photo forum, much more photo driven

yes, you do have to :)

... ... It is going to replace all the places you used to add photos.
the idea is to show off the photos more, this will help

Click media at the top

or forum -> new posts -> new media

there you will see a list of everyones photos in a gallery rather than just seeing titles.
It is going to make the whole experience of using this photo forum, much more photo driven

Hmm, not quite sure if I did that right. I used 'Upload a File' to insert the image and ticked on full image size. Not sure how to get the description of technique etc under it just yet. No Media tab in my profile though. Should that have started one?

Back