Critique Welcomed Return To North Park

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
As promised, I donned my high-viz vest, risked life and limb, and returned to North Park after sundown to get me some zooming light trails :)

12210792785_ae8987e892_h.jpg

30 Sec @ f/22 - Fuji Velvia in the G617 Panoramic Camera

(Center ND removed to avoid reflections)

Now that was worth it. And the light balances quite well without the ND. I really like the colour balance here Chris (but then I do like CP images). The way 86 seems to float in front of the tail light trails is really interesting - like a time stamp! :)

Now that was worth it. And the light balances quite well without the ND. I really like the colour balance here Chris (but then I do like CP images). The way 86 seems to float in front of the tail light trails is really interesting - like a time stamp! :)
Thanks Pete - it does rather float doesn't it - interesting effect

Powerful image Chris big feel about it in every sense. Fantastic camera I must say.
Thanks Julian - I'm enjoying it immensely :)

Same shot - but taken with Fuji Provia 400 ASA film

12212336015_8c547726d8_h.jpg

16 sec @ f/22

Very different feel to the final image just by changing the film.

Bring them on Chris , enjoying seeing these images a lot. Like the subtle tones of the Provia shot. is that the nature of this film or any processing youve done? I think I may prefer it.

Bring them on Chris , enjoying seeing these images a lot. Like the subtle tones of the Provia shot. is that the nature of this film or any processing youve done? I think I may prefer it.
It's all in the film Julian - far more 'normal' look to the image - I think I like it better as well on this scene

i wonder how often that sign gets struck. i like the saturated look of the velvia for this shot, esp with the sky, but i think the provia might look better in most situations. both are great images though.

i wonder how often that sign gets struck. i like the saturated look of the velvia for this shot, esp with the sky, but i think the provia might look better in most situations. both are great images though.
Thanks you both - we have one more vote for the Provia, and one for the Velvia! :)

Thanks everyone - I might try some 100 ASA Velvia to get a little better low light performance but keeping the rich colors

Glad you came back in one piece. Great photo, it would make a nice promo photo for North Park, I'd say.

Beth - hit and run last night, right where I had been standing to take the shot - motorcyclist killed - makes you think :(

Glad you came back in one piece. Great photo, it would make a nice promo photo for North Park, I'd say.
Thanks Ralph - I might just hit them up and see if they're interested

Back