Rolleiflex F3.5 Planar F3.5 Great Condition

Jerry Robillard

I bought this when it was new in about 1962! I gave up my darkroom in 1989 when I sold my home. I kept thinking that I would create another because I really enjoyed it. That is now very unlikely, so I am thinking of selling it. I haven't used it since 1985 when I sent it to a Rollei tech in San Diego for CLA. It has been in a glass case for years, so there is no dust or moisture problem.

I am putting it out here to see what interest there might be. The problem I see is that most of you are in Europe, and I am in the Seattle area, so shipping could be a problem - I have never shipped out of the US before.

Let me know if you have questions. I will take some photos of it and post them here.

I have some photos, but they are in my data file. When I try to insert in the thread, it requires a web site. A little help here!

Can anyone remember where I put the instructions for adding pictures???

Jerry, do you use Flickr or any similar image sharing platform?

I have posted to the Flickr web site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94203867@N03/with/12937908425/

At this point, I don't know what I am asking. As I indicated, I have just started thinking about this. It's very nice to look at in the cabinet, but my family will not know what to do with it when I am gone. I'll have to do some research on the value. It's very clean with personal use only.

I quick look on eBay (USA) shows that they are being listed starting at US$800 to $900. Some with questionable condition. The "buy it now" listing are a little higher, but some are $1500 to over $2000. That's dumb, but there are always those who just might.

I have the lens shade, strap and case somewhere, but I can't find it. It is likely to be in the attic in a box that I wouldn't have thought would contain it. I will clean the attic. The strap is pointless because I would never trust that the leather is still intact. The camera has been around for over 60 years. Those of us who have been around for 60 years or more can appreciate that.

Hamish, yes as of last fall. I had a lifetime of camera equipment that I no longer used (digital, film and video), so I photographed all of it and put it on eBay. I was amazed at the interest in those things. Part of that process was taking pictures of the Rollei, but I chose not to sell it then.

I'd have thought with the good quality pictures, eBay is possibly one of the most likely places to sell! Maybe the RFF classifieds as there is a fairly wide range of stuff on there ... And isn't as expensive as eBay.
Lovely thing!

Hamish, lovely it is! That's why I have kept it so long. It did lovely portraits of my parents, children and friends. My youngest is now 50 years old.

Someday I might tell the story of meeting Ansel Adams in his shop in Yosemite Valley

I don't know where to put it, and it is a little long!

Okay, I'll write it up!

To give you a hint, he was a remarkable man! Not just because he became a legend, but as a man.

Back