"Shot out your window" theme

Thank you.
2nd building from left is Canary Wharf (London Docklands).

EDIT :

DSC_9827c.jpg

Canary wharf from my window this Friday mornin sept 28th 2012.
(Nikon J1 30-100)

Last edited:
probably the only shot i've ever taken through the windows at home, quickly taken with the android once i realized i hadn't done anything wrong... taken august 2011. i walked out to the kitchen for some grub and found 3 police vehicles from 3 different jurisdictions sitting in my driveway. unmarked state police durango with officer and a huge assault rifle, clayton police ( silver car - a small town in the next county) and wyoming police (blue and gold car - at least that one was local).

after a quick mental run down of what i may have done wrong lately and coming up blank i called work and found out a bank robbery occurred, the robbers got away but then the police chased them and they they shot at the police and finally wrecked their car on my road.

one robber was shot as soon as he got out of the car, minor injuries, probably less than he received when the police got him to the station. the other robber got away and hid in a corn field so they gridlocked everything for a couple mile radius. then night fell and we were supposed to get a direct hit from a hurricane the next day so they left him to sink in the field. eventually they found him two weeks later hiding out in a dumpy motel a few miles away. he spent that morning a standoff with police. and that was also the same we the earthquake struck in virginia... it was a busy week.

2011-08-26_19-25-15_274.jpg

Beth - I'm not sure there was enough action in your story...! :D

Sounds like a Jason Bourne movie

View From 2 of Windows out of approx 40 we have here.........!!

DSCF4809Small.jpg

DSCF4815Small.jpg

X10

Daz

Beautiful...

Brilliant Kev!

Reminds me of my Uncle's house in Sheffield - the best view from the house was from the upstairs loo

I used to stand on the loo seat as a kid so I could peak out of the top window :D

One thing that I noticed.. you all have very clean windows :D I need to clean mine before I take a shot..after going back home from work though..

Shot this the other night and, as it is 'on theme', I thought I may as well post it. I was taken by the snow swirling around the light but the angle wasn't quite right. Still, here it is...

WindowSnow-1.jpg

Leica M Monochrom + Zeiss 50mm Distagon ZM f1:1.5. ISO 3200, 1/60s at f1:1.5. PP in LR and Nik SilverFX Pro 2.

Back