"Shot out your window" theme

From my bedroom window looking toward the Malverns, will post other views in due course............

Out of my Window.......

Out of the window by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Judging by your first shot Hamish, you live in almost a direct line on the compass from me to Malvern, how bizarre.......:D

First try at an infrared panoramic stitched in the X-Pro1. ISO6400, f/2.8, 1/70th of a second, Hoya 72R IR filter.

470041_10151191064024838_1610830251_o.jpg

I do like that a lot Larry - excellent!

View From 2 of Windows out of approx 40 we have here.........!!

DSCF4809Small.jpg

DSCF4815Small.jpg

X10

Daz

LOL yer i know not even a sheep, a cow, a tractor or blonde 22 year old farmers daughter..........terrible eh.........??

Taken through the top floor window of my brother-in-law's house in Applecross in the Western Highlands of Scotland. The Isle of Skye is visible straight ahead through the center window pane, with the Cuillin Hills shrouded in mist. The closer island to the right is Raasay. The closer island to the left is Scalpay.

IMG_8489.jpg

View from the lounge window this morning - 6.43am in fact (Lesley has a lot to answer for with this early morning lark!)

7913541994_e150d99454_b.jpg

Sedona AZ

Even my windows are widescreen format Pete! :)

The view is of Capital Butte (center), with Coffeepot Rock off to the right.

The clouds this morning are courtesy of the remains of a tropical storm heading north from Mexico.

The large metal box on the neighbors roof is a swamp cooler - which is a low tech form of air conditioning. It rather spoils the view but I'm thinking they need it there, and wouldn't take kindly to swmbo's suggestion that they 'get rid of it' :D

I used a 3 stop ND grad to try and keep the sky in exposure range, and kept the window frame in shot to frame the photo.

Last edited:
Daz - those views are stunners - you're a lucky man

Do the trees grow all slanty due to the prevailing winds?

- - - Updated - - -

Brian - that's quite some view your brother-in-law has! I bet those shutters come in handy at certain times of the year - probably not short of weather in them there parts!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Rob - I waiting until I got to AZ to take the window shot, knowing I had a good view to show you :)

Back