Potentially Disturbing Content Smartphones watch us when we let our guard down

Gianluca Drago

Would you dare to share the other side of you?

Attachments

• 2024-02-26_21-48.jpg
    2024-02-26_21-48.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 2024-02-26_21-50.jpg
    2024-02-26_21-50.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2024-02-26_21-52.jpg
    2024-02-26_21-52.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 18
  • 2024-02-26_21-56_1.jpg
    2024-02-26_21-56_1.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 18
Nice connected pair of shots! You could be excused for thinking that your tripod would become a meal for that Subaru!

This isn't a smartphone shot, but I felt it seemed appropriate, if not exactly very good technicaly speaking :) @Gianluca let me know if it's off topic.

That's me nearer the camera, and friend Bill on his 'EV' behind. He's very up to date as he no longer drives internal combustion engined vehicles, or so he tells me. ;)
We're lit almost entirely by a new-ish Moon.

My A7s is on the tripod at left, photo taken with my D750 resting on a folding stool that I had been sitting on. f2.8, 1sec. ISO51200 (aka HI2)

DSC_2862.jpg

What an interesting thread, Gianluca. It is great to see you (and the others) absorbed in what you enjoy. I suspect there are a few of me somewhere (aside from my 'Avatar' - taken by @Blanka Kolinke some years ago). I'll see if I can find some.

I am honoured that you like my proposal @Pete Askew!
@Stevenson Gawen, he overcame his reluctance and posted a very sweet self-portrait, that I love. I again invite anyone interested to post photos here, in this thread, of him/her at work, no matter if taken with a mobile phone or camera.

In the meantime, here is a silly 'self-portrait with heron and kitchen utensils' taken just now for your amusement.

dc-lx100m2-PAN0099.jpg

Last edited:
When I was building hot-rods / race / customs for years - we would also do magazine builds. It is always quite entertaining being the subject of photo/video when you are used to being behind the camera.

I think the funniest part of it - was one of the editors I worked with frequently (editor for Street Rodder, Vette, Super Chevy, and a couple others at the time) had been in the magazine business for decades and never changed his mentality on how to use the camera to take advantage of the digital gear he was now using. It was still very much a "film" mentality as far as things like aperture and exposure. Everything was shot at as low ISO as possible and longer than necessary exposures - despite the modern cameras being able to more than do the job at higher ISOs. When I would work with some of the other staff I could coax them into something like ISO400 so that way I wasn't standing holding poses all day for 10 minutes of work.

Back