Snow storm in Boston

Glenn Clabo

For those of you who don't get the pleasure of winter storms...I'll try to show you a little of what you're missing.
Over night our condo was pounded with 75 mph wind gusts and 3 plus inches of snow per hour. Normally we can see all the way across the harbor to downtown Boston. This morning our labrador woke me to go out on her morning walk...and this is what our view was...or should I say...wasn't. It's still snowing...and I don't think we got the 2-3 feet that was possible but the wind is stilling blowing into drifts as tall as me at 6'2". I'll try to go out when the blowing snow stops to get some shots...but you can't see 1 foot away right now...
Morningsnow2-9-13_zpsa780982e.jpg

I took a step outside trying to stay on the down wind side of the snow. It's still snowing and the wind is 30-40 mph. It's tough keeping the lens dry and standing still in the wind. Here are a couple of shots of my immediate neighborhood...
The old forge building...
Snow-forgebuilding_zps069fec6a.jpg

This was taken from the road... which has about 3ft of drift still in it...in front of the old boiler building that is now condos.
Basilica_zps2f377bc8.jpg

This is a canon that was discovered when constructing the buildings...Yes...I played around with the processing...
canon_zpsbd92239b.jpg

Last one for today...The Rope Walk building...
MGH_zpsdcdf2df4.jpg

Okay...I lied. I just thought that it would finish this up with a shot 12 hours later from the same window...as the sun sets and storm heads east...
sunsetafterthestorm_zpscaa4d557.jpg

Last edited:
Props for getting out with the camera - looks great, but I'm sure it sucks to be stuck in it!

some lovely shots Glenn, i with Paul on this one, i think i may have stayed in he warm..

That last shot of the storm leaving is just awesome - what light!

The snow/ice on the window looks like a tree - very cool

Back