Critique Welcomed Spring is coming...

John Allen

Today is warm and I noticed some buds on the lilacs. They aren't open yet, so I'll share a photo of them from last year.

Lilacs by John Allen, on Flickr

Nice, John. I like white flowers. Looking forward to you posting new shots soon.
Thanks, Rob. Here's an edit done with Glamour Glow. I'm still having trouble with Nik Collection. It crashes as soon as I try to apply the changes or even cancel out of the plugin. I'm sure it is a video hardware or software problem. In the meantime, I can use a workaround for images no more than 1200px wide. Here's a sample.

Yes, you need a lot of juice to run a full-size tiff through the Nik filters. I think I prefer the original in this case. Like any new toy, it takes a while to get the best out of it, well, it did for me.

Can't help it, but what new toy Rob? Anyway John, a good image, but my eyes tell me, with or without specs, that it isn't quite sharp or in focus. Was that intentional?

Can't help it, but what new toy Rob? Anyway John, a good image, but my eyes tell me, with or without specs, that it isn't quite sharp or in focus. Was that intentional?
I tried a little bit of Rob's favorite filter on the b&w - Glamour Glow. Only a very small bit of the image is in focus. That was deliberate. I was trying for a feeling of white linen.

Back