Brian Moore

These are abstracts of the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) in Seattle, Washington. The architect, Frank Gehry, is said to have studied guitar shapes (including stratocasters) for design inspiration.

I'm curious which of these two are more appealing to RPFrs. Version 1 is a square crop of the original square image. Version 2 is a crop of the same image in 3:2 format. If you have an opinion I'd be glad to hear it.

I shot the original image with my Mamiya C33 and Kodak Portra 400 film.

Version 1

Version 2

Apparently those were shot for some of the MS-supplied Windows 7 (?) desktop wallpapers. I remember seeing them, but not knowing what they were at the time. In Seattle, that makes sense.

And FWIW, I think the second one has a higher content ratio, so to speak. More stuff, less fluff, as it were.

Apparently those were shot for some of the MS-supplied Windows 7 (?) desktop wallpapers. I remember seeing them, but not knowing what they were at the time. In Seattle, that makes sense.

And FWIW, I think the second one has a higher content ratio, so to speak. More stuff, less fluff, as it were.

In my opinion, the latter is more decorative (perhaps suitable for a Windows background), while the former provides more context and a hint of the architect's three-dimensional design. But overall they are very similar.

Back