Street fair (Wide Open Theme)

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Walked around with the 50mm f1.4 on the camera at the local street fair today - quite a challenge after having the zoom as a walk around most of the time.

Beach Cruisers

web.jpg

'Peace' Bag

web.jpg

Hats

web.jpg

On The Slide

web.jpg

Last edited:
nice set, my favourite has to be the slide.........another entry to "Motion Theme" also...........!!

Daz

i like the slide one too... but actually i think the one of the bikes is a nicer "photo" if that makes any sense ...
its the way its goes to darkness, lots of detail and lines for a b&w shot without getting to confusing to the eye!

Yes love the slide photo you can feel the fun the little girl is having

nice set, my favourite has to be the slide.........another entry to "Motion Theme" also...........!!

Daz

Doh! Didn't even think of the slide shot for the motion theme!

Do I get bonus points for combining two themes in one shot? LMAO!

i like the slide one too... but actually i think the one of the bikes is a nicer "photo" if that makes any sense ...
its the way its goes to darkness, lots of detail and lines for a b&w shot without getting to confusing to the eye!

I saw the bikes lined up from across the street, and thought 'that'll make a nice photo' - took a couple of angles but this one came out the best.

Also the first shot with the 50mm f1.4 since I did the lens calibration, so happy to see the in-focus bits are sharp :)

Re: f1.4 and kids - completely agree!

I have 150 shots from yesterday I can't use, for the 10 I can... But hey digital is free

Love your shot #3 - ready for takeoff!

Thanks, Chris. And good point about digital; that's my old film days coming out, I guess. The shot with my bikes is my favorite from your series, too, btw.

Oh, I just realized now that I was probably supposed to start a new thread instead of using this one. Sorry about that!

Back