Critique Welcomed Street Photography,...literally.

Brian Moore

It's Aurora Avenue in Seattle.

While living in Seattle for 6 months I had no facility to process film (all my stuff was in storage). Now that I've moved on from Seattle I've gotten my stuff out of storage and a couple of weeks ago I processed some film that I shot there. I'll probably post a few film images going forward.

I made this with my Olympus XA2 and Fomapan 400 film processed in Rodinal.

Super stuff again, Brian and I love the sheen on that road.

So, where are you now?
Thanks a lot, Pete. We've moved to Whidbey Island. We're 7 or 8 miles to the east of a town called Oak Harbor. Seattle is now a two hour drive--either via a bridge at the north of the island or via ferry at the southern tip.

That looks a very nice spot indeed. And hopefully a bit cooler than on the mainland at the moment.
Two weekends ago we were roasting. Next door neighbor has lived here for several decades. Had never experienced anything like it. Mass die-off of local clams and cockles. They littered the beach. Also massive snow-melt caused the Skagit River to dispense many tons of silt and sediments into the bay; the waters in front of us and even in our community canals was brown for a day ot so. (As the sediments settled the waters took on a lovey light turquoise color, but it was hardly comforting.) I don't see how climate change can be denied.

Back